Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if you can make that specimen any better, but you may be able to find a nicer piece if you look for it. Here in the keys there are many great specimens like that. My yard is filled with pieces like yours. Over the years I have found many fantastic pieces, some very large. I have sanded or grinded some pieces and that will often bring out the detail. It is quite soft and will sand very easily. It will actually take a polish if worked down in sand paper grit. 220, 400, 800, 1000, and final polish with 2000. Use wet dry paper on a flat surface and lots of water. It sands pretty quickly. Ill find a piece and post it up.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-320.JPG heres a few pieces from my back yard. I dont really hunt it but I dont pass up a nice piece when I see it. photo-319.JPG its great for carving. Heres a little cross I made for a necklace. photo-321.JPG I like fist sized pieces to work with, but ive gotten pieces that are over 100 pounds.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-333.JPG this is a twenty pound piece. Shell collectors call this a plate. This one needs to be cleaned and bleached. Shell collectors and aquarium enthusiasts will pay pretty good money for large plates like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread