Can y’all help?? A couple teeth I’d like identify?!

OnDiWave

Apr 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 👋🏻,

So I have tonssss of sharks teeth I’ve collected. A bunch I have identified, but there are some that look like variations and I wanted to get clarification! I’ll send a group pic and the some groupings. 4EDE6A4F-51CA-4328-A464-73F273A7CE1F.jpeg 140AE186-EEF2-4C11-8D42-5EFBCF61D6D0.jpeg 7E82B461-A369-41A6-95EB-7066F2A91BA2.jpeg CB379DFC-BC3E-49AE-BE16-BF1CAC89901C.jpeg 290269CA-6B5B-4929-82CE-5782B2DD677C.jpeg BF02C97E-06A6-429E-B3F2-75BF03FBE8A4.jpeg
Anyone that is able to help I would appreciate it!

Happy Hunting!!

Perico

May 29, 2012
Second pic both mako. Third pic top left looks like great white, Sand tiger the skinny ones next to it. You have some snaggletooth Hemipristis Serra (curved and serrated). Have some lemons in there too. That is a start for you.

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Post one photo at a time if you have multiple teeth in the photos or else you run the risk of mis-identification.

2nd photo of two teeth are Mako
3rd photo has great white for the bottom two teeth and the top ones missing their roots could be goblin or sand tiger, hard to say if it is missing cusps or not
4th photo the three teeth on the left are all hemipristis serra (snaggle tooth or just Hemi's) , top right is mako, middle right looks like an Angustidens (daddy to the megladon) if it has cusps, and bottom right looks like bull shark
5th photo has teeth from the forth photo but the new teeth on the top and bottom left look like Angustidens, left middle I cannot tell if it is serrated or not, the photo is not that clear but I am going with note serrrated and a small mako, the other tooth bottom middle is another hemi
6th and last photo is two bull or dusky shark teeth

A good site to use to help ID teeth is elasmo, just do a search for it.

OP
OP
O

OnDiWave

Apr 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thank you for the Info and the website!!
Second pic both mako. Third pic top left looks like great white, Sand tiger the skinny ones next to it. You have some snaggletooth Hemipristis Serra (curved and serrated). Have some lemons in there too. That is a start for you.

OP
OP
O

OnDiWave

Apr 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you soooo much!!! This was super helpful!!!
Post one photo at a time if you have multiple teeth in the photos or else you run the risk of mis-identification.

2nd photo of two teeth are Mako
3rd photo has great white for the bottom two teeth and the top ones missing their roots could be goblin or sand tiger, hard to say if it is missing cusps or not
4th photo the three teeth on the left are all hemipristis serra (snaggle tooth or just Hemi's) , top right is mako, middle right looks like an Angustidens (daddy to the megladon) if it has cusps, and bottom right looks like bull shark
5th photo has teeth from the forth photo but the new teeth on the top and bottom left look like Angustidens, left middle I cannot tell if it is serrated or not, the photo is not that clear but I am going with note serrrated and a small mako, the other tooth bottom middle is another hemi
6th and last photo is two bull or dusky shark teeth

A good site to use to help ID teeth is elasmo, just do a search for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread