fossil or rock ?

Muddywaters

Apr 5, 2021
Where the dirt meets the water
Detector(s) used
I think I still have one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fossil community muddy here. I'm an avid lake superior agate hunter living in south east Minnesota. on occasion I come across some 'finds' that stump myself, and it would be greatly appreciated if you'all could possibly educate me on these 'finds'.
this first one I found a couple years back, but I'm not to sure it'd agate, or stone, or some fossil.
dimensions: 6.25" long 4.25 to 2" wide and 1 3/4" to 1" thick. 3.1lbs
it's been cleaned with nearly everything under the sun but has only lightened slightly since found.
Any suggestions or questions of course are always welcome.
appreciated Muddywaters.

OP
OP
M

Muddywaters

Apr 5, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210419_173843.jpg
20210419_173807.jpg

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man. I haven’t a clue but it’s pretty crazy looking. My first inclination would be it’s just a rock but I wouldn’t be able to begin to explain a geological process that created that. Looking forward to see what some weigh in on this.

OP
OP
M

Muddywaters

Apr 5, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first thought was agate in host rock, but I would think the 'agate ' part would clear up and stand out more. which hasn't been the case.
anther though is skip an atom agate in a host stone, which would be the only one known as for as I know lol.
I seen this forum and though maybe it's a fossil or something and I could mail it off to one you guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread