Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'll try to start this Forum up, by posting over 350 Sharks Teeth, my
Grandmother Found in Florida, back in the Mid 60's.

She brought back thousands, from the Beach down there.

When she wasn't Coin Shooting the Beaches, this is what she did.

Pics not so Great, but Untill I can get out Fossil Hunting again, hope you like them

Attachments

• indexs.jpg
    indexs.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 515

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I'd like to find some of those megamouth sharks teeth up in S Dakota, I hear their worth their weight in diamonds!

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Here's a site with everything you ever wanted to know about sharks teeth.
http://www.buriedtreasurefossils.com/
Actually a pretty cool site.
It appears they may sell teeth, maybe you could see how much $$ ;D you have there.
I was looking at Florida and it appears alot of them come from Polk county, just one county over from me.
My parents live south of Sarasota near venice and you can walk down the beach and pick them up.

Baddog1

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Site Baddog1

it may be a dealers site, but there is alot of good refference info on it.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Baddog1 said:
I was looking at Florida and it appears alot of them come from Polk county, just one county over from me.

Baddog1
Great finds by proxy jeff!
Baddog1, there are alot of teeth here in the rivers of megaladon sharks. I used to have a bunch but I sold or gave them all away. I will shoot you a pm next time I go hunt and you can come with me. (I'm in Tampa Fla) there are also tons to be found on some beaches south of here(some near Sarasota) HH omnicognic 8)

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Sharks Teeth 2

the website I use is www.blackriverfossils.org which is mainly for the south carolina area but has other places too. I would like to let this be know. You do not have to go to a beach to find shark teeth. You dont have to dive in the rivers to find shark teeth either. You can find shark teeth anywhere you can find the "layer" exposed. From my personal experience at hunting shark teeth when I first started out I didn't know what this layer looked like or where to even find it. I went to a local creek and luckily found someone else looking for teeth too and showed me what the layer looked like. In the low country of South Carolina any hole in the ground that is deep enough you can pull shark teeth and other fossils out. I have pulled out bones, shark teeth, whale teeth, things I dont know what the heck they are. Its a blast because you never know what your going to find. Yesterday I found a ditch within walking distance of my house, but I only found a few teeth :( Looks like a great spot but for some reason the layer doesnt seem to have much for teeth :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread