• Shark Teeth (1) Small.JPG
    Shark Teeth (1) Small.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 4,802

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to dive for them?
I used to just walk out into the water and start scooping up the black sand with a spaghetti colander and sift most of it out until I started seeing shark teeth. Last time I went there though, they had renourished the beaches by Sharky's Pier and it was almost impossible to find any. :-\

Bran <><

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
You can find a handfull walking along the beach with a scooper. There are a series of reefs about 100-200 yards offshore. On a good day, you just pick one up right after the other. A usual dive for use nets us around 300 good quarter sized teeth. There is another reef, or rather patch of black rock where the big teeth are. Sometimes you'll find 5 or 6 teeth the size of your hand. Not to mention horse teeth, jaw bones and other prehistoric bones. I've never had good luck down at Sharky's - except for the burgers and beer. We usually dive at the north beach by the jetty.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skull and Crossbones said:
You can find a handfull walking along the beach with a scooper. There are a series of reefs about 100-200 yards offshore. On a good day, you just pick one up right after the other. A usual dive for use nets us around 300 good quarter sized teeth. There is another reef, or rather patch of black rock where the big teeth are. Sometimes you'll find 5 or 6 teeth the size of your hand. Not to mention horse teeth, jaw bones and other prehistoric bones. I've never had good luck down at Sharky's - except for the burgers and beer. We usually dive at the north beach by the jetty.

Cool, thanks for the advice! I'll have to get down to North Beach sometime... I believe that's where one of the Venice locals suggested I go once.

Bran <><

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
That's the best in the area i've found. Exit 193 on I-75, take the road that goes through downtown and deadends at the beach with the burger stand and bathrooms. As for walking the beach and finding the teeth, you can go as far south as Little Gasparilla Island at Charlotte Harbor. I've found a bunch on the beach there. But jump south across the pass to Cayo Costa and there's nothing. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread