a few trade pieces for viewing.

relic reaper

Jan 12, 2008
Great White North
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 , Tesoro Tejon, Fisher F-75, Tesoro Stingray
a few trade pieces for viewing.

These were all found on two different sites that I can only get on a couple times a year as live 500 kms away and also farmed land so need to go when crops are out and before they start growing. I've found two nice PH hallmarked peices and included the silversmith for the NWC's touchmark , it appears on the large broach as well as the luckenbooth broach. Will post some more items soon.
cheers
The axe was found the day before the Dag I posted yesterday, a great week for iron. Its lap welded and a first of that type for me.

Attachments

• fur trade silver.jpg
    fur trade silver.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,109
  • hudson bay button.jpg
    hudson bay button.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,104
  • large broach 2.jpg
    large broach 2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • hallmark large broach.jpg
    hallmark large broach.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Detecting 2009 092.jpg
    Detecting 2009 092.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,107
Upvote 0
OP
OP
relic reaper

relic reaper

Jan 12, 2008
Great White North
Detector(s) used
Re: a few trade pieces for viewing.

This must be the wrong fourm to post on...no responses, too bad I was pumped that I finally had a spot for my favorite type of hunting, but pretty slow on here, although 50 people looked at the pics.. ??? ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't blame you for being pumped, RR! Those are some SUPER finds!!
I also have a Pierre Huguet de Latour marked piece.
Sorry there aren't many responses....there just aren't as many Fur Trade collectors because there isn't that much of it around.
Dale

OP
OP
relic reaper

relic reaper

Jan 12, 2008
Great White North
Detector(s) used

Thanks Dale , Congrats on the PH piece is it posted somewhere on this forum?? love to see it.
Didn;t get any trade silver this year, am working on finding a site about an hour from me that had 4 Forts in the vicinity, have found musketballs, tombacs, kettle scrap arrowheads, a folding clasp knife blade, and a trade ring. I'm getting close. People have looked for the posts for a long time but as of yet it /they are unfound. I've secured early literature and some leads and will find them. I think I have found the site of some camps so should be fairly near. I managed these items a few weeks back, but I made the decision a few years ago not to detect in prime hunting land during deer season which opened a week ago. Too many gun happy hunters to risk hunting in the bush. I'll wait to spring. lol

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009

Muddyhandz said:
P.S. If you want more responses, just post a picture of an I.H. penny and that should do the trick! ::)

Hahahahahaha!!.....Isn't that the truth!! :laughing7:

Really sweet finds, RR!! (But you alreay knew that)! Just being at a site that is a treat!....Stunning finds though! :icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Rob (B.C.) said:
Muddyhandz said:
P.S. If you want more responses, just post a picture of an I.H. penny and that should do the trick! ::)

Hahahahahaha!!.....Isn't that the truth!! :laughing7:

Really sweet finds, RR!! (But you alreay knew that)! Just being at a site that is a treat!....Stunning finds though! :icon_thumright:

They even make it to the Banner ;D

Great looking pieces RR. Still not sure if your more pumped on FurTrade items, or the ones across the pond. :thumbsup:

teddy

Nov 7, 2009

Super relic finds :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting.

teddy

nwctrader

Aug 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

Nice finds! I'd be pumped too. To me it's like finding gold bars. Love the last picture, but then I'm partial to axes. :wink:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would love to find just one little piece of trade silver...I'm packing my bags!

BEARWALKER

Dec 16, 2009
east texas
Detector(s) used
bluetick hound

grt finds-----i,ve dug alot of nice 1800"s silver----amazing how it stays so nice underground for that many years-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread