Was attached to something?

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this artifact on a patch of ground where I have previously dug 18th century buttons, pewter spoon, .60 caliber musketballs, musket parts, small trade brooche, 1753 coin etc. I thought maybe this forum might be better to get some suggestions as to what it is rather than the general "what is it" forum. The previous trade items were of English origin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

CAP

Attachments

• whatisit_closeup.jpg
    whatisit_closeup.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 141
  • whatisit_closeup_backside.jpg
    whatisit_closeup_backside.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

bobsphotogallery

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this artifact on a patch of ground where I have previously dug 18th century buttons, pewter spoon, .60 caliber musketballs, musket parts, small trade brooche, 1753 coin etc. I thought maybe this forum might be better to get some suggestions as to what it is rather than the general "what is it" forum. The previous trade items were of English origin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

CAP

That My Friend is a "Escutcheons" ...a decorative plate from a flint lock rifle ... It looks more French than British to me..but I could be wrong .
Best regards
Bob

OP
OP
C

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Bob! It could be French. The Cherokee were mainly trading with the English but French agents and traders would sometimes come through the country trying to sway the southern nations. And the Indians would play one against the other.

CAP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread