Jesuit Trade Ring

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I recently purchased this IHS ring on ebay. It appears to be very authentic and something that I most likely wouldn't find metal detecting. I thought it would fit in good with my revolutionary / colonial artifact display. Could anyone tell me by the style what the approximate time period is for this ring?

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 961
Upvote 0

bobsphotogallery

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I recently purchased this IHS ring on ebay. It appears to be very authentic and something that I most likely wouldn't find metal detecting. I thought it would fit in good with my revolutionary / colonial artifact display. Could anyone tell me by the style what the approximate time period is for this ring?

Mid 1600's to early 1700's

Regards
Bob

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Wow two. I see a lot of fur trade items are found along the US /Canadian boarder. There was a lot of activity in that time period along Lake Champlain here in Vermont but I have never found any trade items here not even a bead. I have found many musket balls , Flints, buckles, buttons ect... but nothing related to trade. Excavations at Fort Ticondaroga on the New York side of Champlain has uncovered metal trade point and other trade artifacts. I do think they are here but the places I think they are hiding are off limits.

Rgk50

Mar 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Check out my "religious ring" post, for a Jesuit Trade ring, found in west USA high desert

Beadman

Oct 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bobsgallery

bob ive seen pictures youve posted of your collection it is amazing...i while back i purchased a jesuit cross and 2 medals...that i was so sure were authentic now im not so sure...i wish you could help me authenticate them...and from where they might have came...but i dont know how to post pics on here from cell phone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread