Need help with touch marks please

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just looked through about 50 and no match. Not much on this subject unfortunatly. Very nice belt axe

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
The 2 marks look slightly different. The line crossing the A on one looks to slope at a different angle than the other - unless that's a illusion by corrosion. I'm thinking customized but prefer "unique" - you may never know. Common answer for fur trade stuff as little was documented & much was customized. Very nice find! Congrats

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your efforts all. I suspect that It may be an A and I, l or T. The head has plenty of plowing dings so the bizzare angled slash may be from a plow. Pie in the sky guess from my limited research........Possibly North West Company stamped for the (A)thabasca trade that Peter Pond opened. Head was found about a mile from Ponds original post on the North Saskatchewan River...............All just a crude guess due to location of find................Perhaps Al...........Albany ?

Last edited:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It could be the owners initials put on the axe by a local blacksmith who could of made the piece?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions