kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out Saturday to an Indian village/camp that I have been detecting on since 2001. It is a fairly large site but I am amazed at the good relics I am still able to find. The field has had a lot of rain on it this year and has beat the ground down flat, making for ideal conditions.
Some of the finds besides numerous round lead balls which I did not include in the photos are 3 glass beads, two gun flints, a lice comb, a brass ring, two copper bracelets, and a Dragoon button. 20170508_112336.jpg 20170506_135232.jpg 20170506_135302.jpg 20170506_210221.jpg
Almost forgot, 3 Indian made arrow pts. and part of a serpent sideplate.

Upvote 0

flintlock

Aug 6, 2007
Outstanding finds!!! Love the Dragoon button, trade beads and brass bracelets. The Barnett Trade gun serpent side plate is cool, I'm sure you got the rest of it somewhere. Great finds Clinton glad to see you out there digging some more old History!

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Kansa! I like the ring they made by cutting up the bracelet. Beautiful beads, too!

Iowa Dale

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding finds!!! Love the Dragoon button, trade beads and brass bracelets. The Barnett Trade gun serpent side plate is cool, I'm sure you got the rest of it somewhere. Great finds Clinton glad to see you out there digging some more old History!
Thanks Steve. Good eye on identifying the side plate.
I went out again yesterday to same site, I'll try posting some pics tonight.
Also, thanks for the tip on Gemplers, I bought some and it works great.

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, Kansa! I like the ring they made by cutting up the bracelet. Beautiful beads, too!

Iowa Dale
Thanks Dale, I didn't realize that was how they made the ring but now that you mentioned it, it does look like part of a bracelet.

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some pics from yesterday's hunt at same site. Only had a couple hrs. to hunt but still found some keepers. The unfinished Indian made iron pt. was my favorite find of the day. I have found 50 or 60 iron pts. but it had been a while since I had found one in this good of shape. I also love finding the gunflints. Found one complete French flint and a broken English flint yesterday. 20170514_082856.jpg 20170514_082948.jpg 20170513_182234.jpg 20170514_084929.jpg

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Your lucky to have such a wonderful site! I love those beads and the iron points. Any idea of what tribe?

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your lucky to have such a wonderful site! I love those beads and the iron points. Any idea of what tribe?
Thanks Rege-PA, I've been very blessed to be able to hunt this site for the past 16 yrs. Usually the landowners change in that length of time or you lose permission for some reason. I keep thinking this will probably be my last year on this site, but one never knows.
As far as the tribe that occupied the site, it was the Kaw or often referred to as the Kansa. The state of Kansas was named after these people.

Ice Scratcher

Jul 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, I would love to find a bead or two some day...

Stay on it, congrats!

<°)))>{

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Must be eastern KS somewhere. Your iron points are more corroded than ones I find up in western NE.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds. You have a great spot!

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Must be eastern KS somewhere. Your iron points are more corroded than ones I find up in western NE.
Thanks jagchaser, I find the points in an Eastern Ks. farm field. Most are pretty corroded but quite a few are in really nice shape. I believe the reason they have survived so well is they are Indian made and cut from a little thicker iron than a trade pt. In fact, most are unfinished. There is usually not much left of the finished ones.
Would love to see what you find in Western Ne. sometime.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent assortment of artifacts! Nice site your on! Good luck to you in the future!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread