Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone interested, (...& close!), I will be presenting a program on the Fur Trade : "Iowaville, an Ioway Fur Trade Village, 1765-1824".
This will be Sunday, March 24th., 1:30 PM, in Blakesburg, Iowa at Blakesburg Christian Church, 202 W. South St. Sponsored by Blakesburg Historical Preservation Society.

This is a free program & refreshments will be served.
Blakesburg is a small, rural Iowa farm town,but if you are close, I think you will have an interesting time!

Iowa Dale

Upvote 0

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Hi Iowa Dale,
Any chance you could take some pictures and if you have a printed program I would like one.
Wish I could be there but too far at moment (PA)

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like a really interesting presentation I also am from PA Best of luck with your program I hope it goes well .I second Rege-PA on some pictures

OP
OP
Ia.FurTrade

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great time educating the public on the Fur Trade & the Ioway Indian history. Had right at 100 people & answered questions for an hour afterwards.
Good Times!

Iowa Dale

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ia.Fur Trade That sounds like you had a real good turn out . It is great that someone is willing to spend time educating others about that time period in American history

beadman2

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so cool ,I can see you really love the trade stuff ,those people really dont know how lucky they were at that moment to take the time to do that ,...:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions