Any info on this nordic furniture

Justlookdown2

Apr 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, been away from the site a while but recently re joined. Anyway I recently aquired this scandinavian? piece and was hoping someone could help with any info on it. I dont even know what to call it. Screenshot_20210426-125114_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210426-125120_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210426-125246_Gallery.jpg
There are some pieces undernieth that appear to be the wormwood pine. I can get more photos if needed. Any help is much appriciated.

Last edited:

CrankyBuzzard

Jul 6, 2020
North Texas USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and White's Spectra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a quick Google search for "vintage hand painted buffet" and also for "vintage painted buffet".

A few in there may get you going the right direction.

Are tehre any markings on the backs of the drawers, the back of the piece itself, or the bottom?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My WAG - Norwegian rosemaled sideboard / buffet (depending on placement in home) - may I say it's awesome!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Justlookdown2

Apr 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some black paint marks on the backs of the drawrs. But I think they are just to help with placement. Screenshot_20210426-140504_Layout.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Justlookdown, do you still have access to old email, if you lost your password I can have admins reset as long as you have access to old email. Just send me PM with email to verify if it is correct one I will reach out to admins.

annalivan

Jul 24, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This buffet is simply excellent. It is beautiful and exciting. After restoring it a little, you can decorate the living room or hallway with it. It will look just terrific.
This sideboard would perfectly fit the new garden furniture that I bought recently; click to read more. The style and color would be ideally combined. Maybe you want to sell this buffet? I would be happy to buy it from you.
I really like old things. I believe that they have a history. Each item tells its own story. Anyway, I'm wondering what you're going to do with this absolutely fantastic thing.

Last edited:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, been away from the site a while but recently re joined. Anyway I recently aquired this scandinavian? piece and was hoping someone could help with any info on it. I dont even know what to call it. View attachment 1921291 View attachment 1921292 View attachment 1921290
There are some pieces undernieth that appear to be the wormwood pine. I can get more photos if needed. Any help is much appriciated.
Did you ever ID this piece of furniture? At first I thought Scandi too, but looking at it more I am not sure. I've been to Vesterheim Museum in northern Iowa and the color scheme is similar to much of the Norwegian furniture, chests, cupboards and things...but, the rounded frame work around the drawers and doors doesn't really say Scandi to me for some reason. My other guess would be of possible Slavic or more likely South Asian design. The floral designs are similar to Rosemaling but...something just isn't quite there for me that that is what it is. Could be wrong as I'm no expert on these things. Also, the other pictures you posted of the markings on the backs of the 'drawers' I'm assuming?...anyway, some of those look like Asiatic characters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread