better than google earth

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, how bout posting a link? thanks

OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the link ,most states are listed and counties etc.. just follow the site where you looking for and once you get to the main page for the location click on satilite veiw and there you go . http://www.hometownlocator.com/

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I;ve never really used google earth, but did click on this site to take a look....I see in the lower left hand corner of the maps it states "powered by google" so my question would be is this any different than google earth?? ???

Stealth 914

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just on this subject does anyone have a site that can zoom in better than Google and does the whole of earth , Google earth is ok but when you zoom in it gets very very blurry, still usefull to see roughly what's what and where you are about to go but a bit more detail would be great. No I don't want to read people's name tags I would just like to look at the leaves on the grounds and ability to read high n low area's in realtime as Google can be way outdated at times as well. Cheers and if you know of any please post a link thank you in advance Tony

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I see in the lower left hand corner of the maps it states "powered by google" so my question would be is this any different than google earth?? ???

I found this more up to date than Google Earth when locating my farm. Google Earth doesn't show my garden, and this one does. Pretty good clarity too.

The link to switch the view from map to satellite is a bit hidden. Upper left of the map you see the little block featuring "Map", with a down arrow. That down arrow takes you to the satellite view.

Last edited:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know these site want you to purchase their maps but the watermarks are still quite annoying

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past, you could purchase specific coordinate pics (before the earth got googled). :laughing7:
There was a 48 to 96 hour wait for the satellite to circumnavigate and get your shots.
I don't remember if they watermark those or not. :icon_scratch: :dontknow: I don't think they did (on the front, anyway).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions