Stumbled into Geocaching. Found one by accident.

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

I was out with the family today. My son and I found a bunch of bottles along side of a river yesterday. We returned to the area today. There is an old cemetery that we all decided to check out. My son found a bucket shaped object down the side of a ledge and retrieved it. It was filled with buttons, happy meal toys, and some odds and ins. It also had a log book that stated this cache has been there since October 2008. I thought this was very cool. I honestly never heard of this until now and want to buy a GPS. What would be a cheaper one that would work good in this area? We all got a kick out of this and wanted to share this with all of you.

Attachments

• cem.jpg
    cem.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 595
  • cem2.jpg
    cem2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 798
  • cache.jpg
    cache.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6,467

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been geocaching for a few years now, and I love it. Great way to find cool spots that most people don't know about.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I found one last spring when I was checking out a new MD site, I left a Black Ice air freshener.
that container smells a whole lot better now LOL

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Sniffer said:
I found one last spring when I was checking out a new MD site, I left a Black Ice air freshener.
that container smells a whole lot better now LOL

;D :icon_thumleft:

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you own an Iphone you can download an app for $10.00 that is specificly for geocaching and it is awesome. My husband and I just joined this hobby last night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread