decent handheld with download mapping?

T

TreasureTales

You might want to take a look at the Garmin models. I have an eTrex Vista. It's got download capability, plus lots of other bells and whistles.
I guess I like mine because it is user friendly, has a decent display screen, and is small. I haven't used all the funtions, don't think I'll ever use ALL of them, but the ones I have used have been accurate and helpful.

Cabela's has them on sale from time to time.

T

TheDetectorist

I would suggest getting one that accepts memory cards. You get a lot more versatility from it then. Those models cost more, but you get what you pay for.

TD

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with metal detectors, you get what you pay for. I like the Garmin 76S because it is easy to use and comes with the ability to down load a huge area of map, like a State.

OP
OP
K

kronos416

Jun 23, 2006
N.E. OHIO
Detector(s) used
fisher 1270 * garret gti 2500 * minelab safari
thanks for the replys i just bought the magellan explorist xl that takes the memory card and has full mapping capability can download unlimited maps has color display and has similar controls to my older explorist but with more bells and whistles cant wait till the ups guy delivers it so i can play with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread