Geographic Coordinates Wanted

CivilWarFan

May 3, 2016
American Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo and the Silver Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am trying to put together a map of metal detecting finds. I am curious to know if anyone is interested in having their finds shown on my map. The map will be a focus on the United States. This is going to be used for reference. Here is the kind of things that I would be curious to add to a data base:

State your name.
What is your item?

How old is your item?

Is there any marks or markers marks on the item?

Material composition?

Where did it originate from?

Where the item was found? Coordinates if possible will be helpful.

Metal detector used.

Any other useful information about your item that would be important.

I would like as much data as possible. Anyone is welcome to have their item added into the database. Thank you very much for your participation. The map is just for a hobby and will only be shared with people on this forum.

OP
OP
CivilWarFan

CivilWarFan

May 3, 2016
American Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo and the Silver Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am a student at Portland Community College who has an interest in history and metal detecting. I am trying to create this map for the forum. Thanks for your time

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
With all due respect to what you are trying to accomplish, I don't believe you are going to have much luck getting coordinate data any time soon.

I GPS document all my significant finds and would never consider releasing that data because simply, everyone & their mother would be detecting my permissions the next morning!!!

Maybe one day, when all there is to be found, is found, people would volunteer that information.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you would have better luck posting this in the North American Indian Artifact forum?
You may not have gotten that as a joke, but why in the world would someone share the location of where they found treasure? I would post up some false coordinates just to throw people off.

By the way, “only be shared with people on this forum” you do realize this is the World Wide Web?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread