GPS App for Android?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By A#1

Thread: GPS App for Android?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2017
    The Land Between Two Rivers
    13 times
    Prospecting

GPS App for Android?

Hello all,

I'd love to get a new top level handheld GPS for prospecting but I should upgrade my cellphone first, and the one I want is way more than a top line GPS.

So until I hit the motherlode does anyone have an app they recommend for an Android phone that I can use when I'm far from any cell towers?

Thanks

Apr 2017
    MINNESOTA
    XP DEUS, AT PRO
    867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like GPS Waypoints

A#1
    us
    El Supremo!!

Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Eagle Spectrum, Equinox 600, Carrot, LeTrap, Moby, Darby
    536 times
    Other Peoples Trash
    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawkGold View Post
    Hello all,

I'd love to get a new top level handheld GPS for prospecting but I should upgrade my cellphone first, and the one I want is way more than a top line GPS.

So until I hit the motherlode does anyone have an app they recommend for an Android phone that I can use when I'm far from any cell towers?

Thanks
    I've had great luck using Samsung Android phones. And I use the cheaper $100 GoPhone type.

For the GPS app, I use BackCountry Navigator Pro. There is a free version, which is the same, maybe with ads. The only reason to upgrade is to download maps to your phone, which you will most likely do. I can't seem to find the price (because I already bought it, and it knows that). But, I know it wasn't stupid expensive, and well worth it.
    Bum Luck likes this.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    922 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by A#1 View Post
    I've had great luck using Samsung Android phones. And I use the cheaper $100 GoPhone type.

For the GPS app, I use BackCountry Navigator Pro. There is a free version, which is the same, maybe with ads. The only reason to upgrade is to download maps to your phone, which you will most likely do. I can't seem to find the price (because I already bought it, and it knows that). But, I know it wasn't stupid expensive, and well worth it.

That's my choice too.

You can "just run it", or put much more effort into it and get more out of it.

Try it first, and then get the pro version, cheap.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Sponsored Links