All Treasure Hunting
I like GPS Waypoints

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

I'd love to get a new top level handheld GPS for prospecting but I should upgrade my cellphone first, and the one I want is way more than a top line GPS.

So until I hit the motherlode does anyone have an app they recommend for an Android phone that I can use when I'm far from any cell towers?

Thanks

I've had great luck using Samsung Android phones. And I use the cheaper $100 GoPhone type.

For the GPS app, I use BackCountry Navigator Pro. There is a free version, which is the same, maybe with ads. The only reason to upgrade is to download maps to your phone, which you will most likely do. I can't seem to find the price (because I already bought it, and it knows that). But, I know it wasn't stupid expensive, and well worth it.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had great luck using Samsung Android phones. And I use the cheaper $100 GoPhone type.

For the GPS app, I use BackCountry Navigator Pro. There is a free version, which is the same, maybe with ads. The only reason to upgrade is to download maps to your phone, which you will most likely do. I can't seem to find the price (because I already bought it, and it knows that). But, I know it wasn't stupid expensive, and well worth it.

That's my choice too.

You can "just run it", or put much more effort into it and get more out of it.

Try it first, and then get the pro version, cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread