Garmin eTrex Vista
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2007
    La Luz, New Mexico
    Garrett Ace 250

Garmin eTrex Vista

Made the dive into the GPS world today and purchased a Garmin eTrex Vista at the base exchange, so far seems really easy to use and looks like it will come in handy in some mountain areas I would like to detect that were once locations of old railroad and logging camp areas. Does anybody else use this type of Garmin and have any pros or cons about the unit they would like to share?

Thanks.................AF1
    Stealth Airpower and Maintainers..........WE RULE!!!

us
    May 2003
    E. Tennessee
    Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
    36 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Garmin eTrex Vista

i have used a Garmin e-trex along with terrain navigator software for about 5 years now and have been well satisfied with it. You can exchange waypoints, routes and tracks easily. I just print a map of the area of interest, using utm coordinates, and carry with me. I also carry and use a compass.

us
    Getter done

Sep 2007
    Terra Bella, Ca.
    DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
    564 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Garmin eTrex Vista

Airforce1

Have had a GPS unit for several years, have not used it in Mding but check out www.geocaching.com and open the world to another hobby.

HH
    fccdfed
    Remember 9-1-1 and all the Fallen Firefighters and Police Officers. Never forget the price they paid for our Freedom.

God Bless the men and women past, present, and future who serve this country by serving in the military.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Solider, one died for your soul the other died for your freedom.

What a shame that scientists will call a cell on another planet "life", but they won't acknowledge a fetus as life until it is born.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

Sponsored Links