Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything that is simple to use, can mark and save waypoints, and allow you to edit them as you wish, and having the feature of mapping your path is good too.  All the ones that download topo map info are cool, but pricey... 

The rest are just bells and whistles for what I do...  But in order to answer your question I really have to ask what types of things you need the unit for.

If you're using it for detecting/THing, you need one that you can load, save, and modify coordinates.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Garmin E-trex Legend.jpg
    Garmin E-trex Legend.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 261

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I got a garmin legend cx. it has rubberized cover and is water resistant.

It can track - it automatically logs your position every so often. The tracks you just save as a gpx file and simply drag the gpx file over to google earth and presto! Your track shows on the map!

It also waypoints where you manually mark a point and you can do the same thing with google earth.

I'm not sure how to do the same thing in msn maps.

You do need to keep it on your belt or around your neck for best reception. Not in a pocket or backpack.

Take a back up compass for sure as any gps can run out of juice.

I got mine for about 140.00 on the net. The local shops (including walmart) were more than 40-50% higher.

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

Thanks for all your replys. I am looking for GPS for just treasure hunting,something that can load,save, coordinates,plus something that will not loos it singal when i am out hunting for new sites. I have heard that some GPS do loos contacted with the satalite.Is this true?

PRISCILLA

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coingairl300 said:
HI

Thanks for all your replys. I am looking for GPS for just treasure hunting,something that can load,save, coordinates,plus something that will not loos it singal when i am out hunting for new sites. I have heard that some GPS do loos contacted with the satalite.Is this true?

PRISCILLA

Some loose a one or two satellites sometimes... Only once was I in an area when the Garmin I use got weak. But it was a deep valley in the woods.

It will affect their accuracy (it'll be plus or minus 100 feet sometimes versus plus or minus 16 feet, for example).

Other than that I've had no problems.

-Buckles

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
Thank you for your replys,I am going to think about it more.
Priscilla

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mapping software will cost around $100.If you use it for traveling.

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bushlight said:
Mapping software will cost around $100.If you use it for traveling.

HI
I no,I haven't really desided on what unit to by yet.

Priscilla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread