Just make something up

B

BigDan

The government has known of Bigfoot's existence ever since Lewis and Clark! The problem was, Westward expansion could have ground to a halt if persons knew that intelligent eight foot critters existed, and they were not exactly friendly. In fact, they were downright hostile and had fought for centuries with Native Americans!

I have anecdotal evidence which taken as a whole is hard to disbelieve.

1. FACT!!! Mayans, Incas and Aztecs. Clearly the Americas were not only populated, but on a par with Asian and European cultures! But, in North America, humans were not much more advanced than just past hunting and gathering! Why? Same in Europe as Neanderthal man and Homo Sapien had battled for the top of the food chain. Exactly why civilization "grew" out of the Middle East (FACT!!!) and not the more temperate climates of Europe.

2. FACT!!! Gigantopithicus. Proof Big Foot existed at one time...so, "Is he here now?" is the only question.

3. The fur industry. FACT!! Trappers (Mountain men), even some from the Corps of Discovery (Lewis and Clark) were the first whites to enter the Rockies. And what did they send out? Fur. Attributed to "Beavers". Yet beavers were plentiful in the East as well! Trapped out? Ha...sure. (On a side note, the fact that I know the Lewis and Clark thing was called the "Corps of Discovery" should earn me some credibility as knowing things.)

4. Megafauna before the ice age, supposedly extinct. Yet Bison survived, Elk, the Grizzly. Why not an intelligent creature such as Sasquatch?

5. FACT!!! An expedition by Fremont leading Military personel into the west has never been satisfactorally explained. Most believe it was to "capture" California. But the U.S. never secretly captures anything...we just take it. So, what were they REALLY after? Communication with the creature? A treaty? Why is it the government continues to own so much land out west? And what, is really living on it? Not suprisingly, shortly after that expedition...the fur industry seemed to "dry up".

6. FACT!!! Even Teddy Roosevelt reported an encounter with the beast. But once President, where was the fact finding mission? Why no outcry to "find" it? A President!?!?!? Certainly he could have the clout needed to prove what he had heard. Or, did he find out he'd only heard what the government already knew about?

7. Why the secrecy? Again, westward expansion. Manifest Destiny (dang you Monroe!) There were enough problems just dealing with the Native Americans. Add an eight foot creature with super human strength and the smarts to go with it? Who's gonna cross the Mississippi and risk running into that!!!!

8. And finally, Sewards folly. FACT!!! The purchase of Alaska from the Russians. Was this really some guy's (who was so stupid as to repeatedly underestimate Lincoln) one sudden stroke of genious? Or, was it the final bargaining chip, a new location for Big Foot in exchange for peace in the west?

Think about it, don't trust the government, the only real answers will come when we finally can ask bigfoot ourselves!

(Someone elses turn....make something up!)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, excuse me, but did you post this before, or after my post?? I need to know, so I can act accordingly.

OK, I took the time to read your post, very enjoyable. But I a think you are insinuating my facts are nothing but fiction. :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geee Dan, you're asking completely honest men and women to fabricate complete fibs......not sure any of us are use to that sort of thing. :icon_scratch:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
It's a proven fact that thinking actually kills brain cells- therefore I try to avoid thinking, I might need those cells someday! ;D

OP
OP
B

BigDan

spartacus53 (MIMITW) said:
Dan, excuse me, but did you post this before, or after my post?? I need to know, so I can act accordingly.

OK, I took the time to read your post, very enjoyable. But I a think you are insinuating my facts are nothing but fiction. :tongue3:

I started posting this before you, but you got done before I finished. I know the post you posted to which you refer, and it seems my post could be taken as a reply to your post. But it wasn't unless you consider that most of your posts resemble your post and then I could say my post had something to do with a post I'd never read. That would mean I am caro, claravoya, can see into the future.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
It's a proven fact that thinking actually kills brain cells- therefore I try to avoid thinking, I might need those cells someday! ;D

;D ;D

Does BigDan have a BigFoot? :D

S

stefen

DigginThePast said:
naturegirl said:

;D ;D

Does BigDan have a BigFoot? :D

He may be a poet...
He may not know it...
But his feet show it....
they are Long Fellows :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that I will disappoint you with this post, but here are some interesting and up to date facts about Bigfoot.

1- Bigfoot hates the term Bigfoot and would prefer to be called by their first names i.e. Morris
2- Morris dislikes the "paparazzi" as they are always trying to get a picture in a compromising position
3- Morris moved from the Pacific NW in the 80's and never left a forwarding address.

So if you do see Morris, don't ask to have your picture taken with him and tell him that I said hello :icon_thumleft:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigDan said:
spartacus53 (MIMITW) said:

I started posting this before you, but you got done before I finished. I know the post you posted to which you refer, and it seems my post could be taken as a reply to your post. But it wasn't unless you consider that most of your posts resemble your post and then I could say my post had something to do with a post I'd never read. That would mean I am caro, claravoya, can see into the future.

What'd he just say? :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months back I bought an old pile of books at a garage sale, they were in an old wooden trunk that appeared to be at least a hundred years old. I paid an even $100.00 for the entire package and I loaded it in the truck and took it home. About a week later I finally got time to go through the books and to my surprise there was an old leather diary in the collection and I about fell over once I started reading it. Apparently, the author was a wanted man, evidently he had had a hand in killing of a prominent fellow some twenty years earlier. The diary was written in the late 1800’s so I figure that killing must have taken place sometime in the 1860’s, or there about. Anyway, the author had just sort of faded from view, started living his life in more remote areas to avoid the law, never staying in one place very long. According to the author he had eventually settled in the mid-west because it was far from the war and the daily dangers of the rugged west. “The flat farmlands of this region are easy to travel and the many farmers I encounter are always friendly and more then happy to share a meal with those in need, which in the beginning, I always was.”

For several years the author found work among these farmers and also in a couple of the local towns that were starting to spring up in the region. “For many years I labored for meals in barns and fields and during the winter months I would travel to distant towns where work was always available to the few willing men with strong backs. From these hard labors I earned room and board, modest meals, and I even began to grow a considerable pile of coin.” In time, and under an assumed name, the author was able to buy his land near the banks of the Mississinewa River in what is now Wabash County, Indiana. “I owned good land but I lived as a hermit in a one room dwelling a short walk from the river. In the winter months I still found work in the growing settlements, but once good weather arrived I always returned to my own land to live in isolation so I would not lose sight of myself, my mind always aware of the past deed that was always in pursuit.”

“In the Spring of 1887 several lawmen arrived in the town of Somerset, a small community a few miles down river from my land and my isolated summer home. As their stay lingered I began to fear that my existence would eventually be disclosed in some way and that even, quite possibly, it was me who they were after. Fear began to take over reason and sound judgement and soon I was living in fear each and everyday. One night I decided to abandon the region until I was certain that I could return without risk of discovery. Over the course of the next week I made ready for my extended departure and in doing so I began to bury my collection of coin and valuables in several different locations all up and down the river so that the finding of one would not risk the losing of all. In each of these secret locations I placed a fair amount of coin and valuables in small wooden boxes and I located them within the rocks and cliffs so that the elements could not reach them. However, in the passing of time since my departure the events of my life have always prevented me from going back to the region and I am but an old man now unable to make such a journey. My mind is still fairly crisp and I will, however, make every effort to recall the exact location of each secret hiding place so that someone may benefit from the finding of these valuables. But, there were many locations and I doubt that I can remember them all, perhaps more then twenty or thirty will escape my recollections now. Below I will detail as best I can the exact location of at least a dozen or more so they can be easily discovered just as I had hidden them so many years ago.”

And the author did disclose more then a dozen locations of his secret hiding places. In fact, he disclosed twenty-two secret locations, though sadly, much of that river area has been flooded with lake since his time and several of the locations are no longer accessible, many of them now completely under water for most of the year. Also at issue is the natural changes upon the landscapes, since his time entire forest have grown where there was once only field and open pasture. Roads have been built and houses have been erected, lands have been cleared and planted with crops, other woods have been completely removed in favor of more crop lands. But even so, and just as he described it in his diary, I was able to find one of these caches just as it he had left it more then a hundred years ago. Below is a picture of that one secret cache unearthed not more then a week ago and hopefully, within these now distorted landscapes, I will be able to find others as the fire is now burning hot under my feet and within my imagination. While at some point I may decide to release this diary to the general public, for now I will only tell of the true bits and pieces of the written story within, and of this last line in the diary that you may choose to assess for yourself.

“John Wilks Booth did not act alone!”

Attachments

• ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 233
OP
OP
B

BigDan

Bravo! Bigscoop, bravo!

Wonderful tale. Leaves one wondering if the fiction is a truth left undisclosed. Perfect feeling for a story such as yours.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bravo! Bigscoop, bravo!

BigDan said:
Wonderful tale. Leaves one wondering if the fiction is a truth left undisclosed. Perfect feeling for a story such as yours.

Thanks Dano! I was wearing my Indiana Jones hat when I wrote that little piece. (Not allowed to bring the whip into the house anymore.) :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I got to get my thinking cap on for the story I want to tell ! ;D

Don't use one of those mid-evil jousting helemts. I tried one but they are much too heavy and if you bump into anything solid the sound is deafening! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Helluva tale ,well told ! ............. Or was it a tale ? Hmmmmm............... :icon_scratch:

Old diaries are a very good source of information, however, because they were hand written and often with poor or different spelling and often in different languages, they can also be very difficult to read. There are a lot of them out there as keeping a diary was quite a popular activity in earlier times. For instance, during prohibition many diaries were maintained, especially by the wives of those who were involved with the smuggling of booze across the great lakes. If you can get lucky enough to find the right ones you just might discover the general whereabouts of many secret stashes around the islands and shores of the great lakes. Not that I have actually seen and read one of these, just using this scenario as a possible example of what might be found. In fact, I believe John Wilks Booth kept one, though as I recall when its contents were disclosed there were several pages missing that have supposedly never been found. You just never know what hidden secrets you might discover in the pages of an old book? :read2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm quite with you on this , Bigscoop . My comment was an accolade to your writing skills :icon_thumright:
Reading these old texts can become an occupation in it's own right ;D
Jim
BTW :
I'm going to a family reunion tomorrow where many of the attendees will be past 70yrs old . The pictures and documents and first hand stories they bring to these gatherings is priceless .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread