WE SHOULD DO A CONTEST

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
Cool , we can have many categories. I thought I found a meteorite(slag). I got a professors email address that works at cranbrook university. I sent him a pic of it thinking I found a two lb space rock. But, he destroyed my hopes by telling me it was slag..lol funny now but a couple days of feeling really let down at the time..

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds fun. Monthly winner would be great. Like the multiple categories idea. Best find by vote, most unusual. Start ASAP.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not sure. I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in it at all. It would be a honor (not cheating) agreement for all that would join it. So hopefully if the serious people are truly interested it will work. All dishonest people please go find other people to b.s.
Ya know jayg, we already have a contest,Kinda... It is here! posting finds & the reward is "bragging rights" On T-Net while sharing how & tips & a story or 2 with friends, & the Contest Goes On! Peace Bro.

Last edited:

nubby1974

Apr 2, 2013
ridgefield
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in. I live in Ridgefield, wash. Thinking about going out today if the weather can hold out. There is a bunch of old farm fields I would lime to hit before new buildings go up on them.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So JayG, since this is your idea, I assume you are volunteering to organize and supervise? :laughing7:

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
ok everyone. This coming week I'll set up threads. I'm thinking of maybe most clad and Pennies, maybe most wheats, most or best silvers. All three categories will have retired and non-retired.. sound good everyone? We could start April 12th and run untill May 12th. Send your results every week on Monday to the thread that is titled to your finds. Any suggestions please let me know asap. thx everyone . I'll have the threads up by Thursday. Titled CONTEST THREAD (with label)

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok everyone. This coming week I'll set up threads. I'm thinking of maybe most clad and Pennies, maybe most wheats, most or best silvers. All three categories will have retired and non-retired.. sound good everyone? We could start April 12th and run untill May 12th. Send your results every week on Monday to the thread that is titled to your finds. Any suggestions please let me know asap. thx everyone . I'll have the threads up by Thursday. Titled CONTEST THREAD (with label)

Sounds perfect to me Jayg! The judging is be popular vote, right? Thanks for taking the lead!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds fun!

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a newbie but this sounds like fun. Count me in.

ArthurC

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
All the threads are up. Good luck everyone! HH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said count me out... IT DON' SOUND LIKE FUN TO ME .. IT LOOKS LIKE THE ONLY ONES THAT WANT IT IS ALL NEWBEES... YOU COULD CALL IT ...................................................................................................THE NEWBEES GAME..............

Last edited:

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
june 30th would be a good date! i will do it, but got to send my detector back for repairs, only got 2 bucks in clad for the past 3 months!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like i said count me out... IT DON' SOUND LIKE FUN TO ME .. IT LOOKS LIKE THE ONLY ONES THAT WANT IT IS ALL NEWBEES... YOU COULD CALL IT ......​THE NEWBEES GAME....

What's with the attitude keppy? If you don't want to be in it you don't have to. It's not like it cost you anything for us to have a contest. Change your name to the Dark cloud or something. Always trying to rain on someone else's parade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread