CONTEST (RETIRED - MOST CLAD)

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found Apr 13, 2013....Best Day Ever on CLAD!!......Even found 3 Half Dollars.

NO....the half dollars were not silver.....but a very nice day for record number of clad. Found 3 Kennedy Clad Halfs, 67 clad quarters, 61 clad dimes, and 45 memorial pennies......Total 176 coins, total value $24.80.
These were all found at a SW Georgia School football field, using my Whites Coinmaster Pro. I do not use a pin pointer.

Note: This is my 2nd time at this spot....last Sunday I also found a lot of clad, and a 1913-D Barber Quarter near the goal line.....But no silver today...sigh!!
002.JPG
Click on the image to enlarge picture......the dimes and cents are in stacks of 10pc. each......Thanks for Looking!!

Happy Hunting!!

Bill

HUNT REVIEW: .......My hunting buddy, John and I started at 7am; 40 minute drive, and was on the field by 8am....packed our lunch....took a couple of water breaks, 15 minute lunch.....and finished at 5pm.....and yes, found just a few multiple dime and quarter drops. I am retired, 71, good health, and have a very understanding wife, married over 50 years.

My hunting buddy, John, found 1 Clad Half, 30 clad quarters, 54 clad dimes, a bunch of nickels.....and tons of pennies....He digs everything.....and He did find a couple of junk rings.......but we make a good team....He is 20 years my junior, and he digs ALL non-iron targets, and I run high discrimination to reduce my number of targets, and together we "clean out" an area pretty good....BUT as we All know, an area is NEVER completely cleaned out....and there are "new" drops in a school area daily.....Good Luck!!

HH.....Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread