bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Judges for the jerky contest

i think two types should do it,just gotta figure out what kind,peppered,hot,terriaki,beef,turkey,elk,owl,deer,elephant or whatever

M

MiniMe

If you are going to enter the contest, of course you can't be a judge. Now whose ready for some good jerky tasting? :)

S

stefen

MiniMe said:
If you are going to enter the contest, of course you can't be a judge. Now whose ready for some good jerky tasting? :)
me me me me me me me me me me me me...

and besides I have all of my teeth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

oh I'm very willing to be a fair judge -- and I've eaten all kinds of jerky from all over the planet so i have a lot of judge training -- plus I was a pro cook for 27 years (cheif steward -- us merchant marine)-- I know good jerky when I eat it. Ivan

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*

I would like to apply as I LOVE jerky!! ;D

M

MiniMe

stefen said:
MiniMe said:
me me me me me me me me me me me me...

and besides I have all of my teeth

Not excited are you, Stefen, LOL Get those chompers ready for some great tastin jerky.

M

MiniMe

ivan salis said:
oh I'm very willing to be a fair judge -- and I've eaten all kinds of jerky from all over the planet so i have a lot of judge training -- plus I was a pro cook for 27 years (cheif steward -- us merchant marine)-- I know good jerky when I eat it. Ivan

Thanks, nothing like pressure, LOL :) :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

well you do want a good skilled judge right ? a 400 lb southern professional cook whos also a world traveler -- who just loves jerky -- who could ask for a better fairer judge?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Work's for me Ivan.....Let's go for it bomber and count me in as a contestant.I'm thinking that every piece must be vaccuum sealed in order to be eligible,no rancid chunk's in an envelope :D. I've got some fresh backstrap just wanting to call itself jerky.Bring it on!!!!!

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good deal,looks like we got us a contest,but jeez civilman rancid chunks wasgoing to be one of the catagories,i like mine peppered.i figure two weeks for everyone to see this and get ready.at the end of the second week,we ship.when i wake up more and reread everything we'll pick judges.two weeks fair?so far i see only one rule no long pork,unless its someone from a different forum ;)

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan,freeze,stephan are judging and gypsys are numbers gal,come on guys watch your streets for fresh(or not)roadkill,it makes goooooood jerk.this is your chance to be king or queen of the jerks

M

MiniMe

Okay, here we go.....if you want to enter your favorite Jerky into this contest...post your name here by Sunday, 1-20-08; the two weeks starts then. Gypsy can (PM) you your number after that time. The judges will have to PM all contestants their mailing address. All entries have to be postmarked no later than 2-4-08.

And yes, make sure it's wrapped well, rancid chunks are not a category, LOL (mailing priority may help).

Come on. lets see what you've got :o :D

I'm in.

S

stefen

The jerky-Judge's prayer:

Through the lips
And over the gums
Watch out tummy
Here it comes

By the way, any sample with hair-on will be disqualified ;D

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crap,i leave the hair on for dental floss afterwards

S

stefen

You don't want to see a grown adult doing a cat hairball imitation...not a pretty sight ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
no, dear -- eating stringy ribs is not the same as using dental floss -- (my wife)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread