Clue #4 -- I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Merc

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Clue #4 -- I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Merc

(NOW UPDATED with Clue #4 -- Algonquin Park)
(NOW UPDATED With Clue #3 - See new clue post today under Games and Contests)
(SEE MY POST YESTERDAY WITH SECOND CLUE -- Also posted under Games & Contests)
Seems like Fun...I am going to hide these four coins close together in one area and give clues and see who finds them first. It will be in a place where it's ok to detect. I'd only ask that if you find a lot of these types of coins already, try to leave it for someone just getting started or who hasn't found a lot yet. It's going to be in the Hudson Valley Region of New York...Going to give six clues starting with more general and getting more specific. I'll give a clue each day on Thursdays and Mondays at about this time (7pm Eastern) to give everyone who wants to an equal chance to know when the clues will be posted. I will hide the coins as of Friday (tomorrow) morning/afternoon. First Clue...General Washington Ended the War while Stationed in This Town. His Headquarters There is an Historic Site. (Realize this is just to locate the town where the coins are hidden. They are not going to be hidden at the Washington headquarters site.)
(Please don't post any help/answers if you are not part of the search. This will make it more of a challenge for everyone. Thanks. Good luck! I'll make this so you can get the coins out of the ground easily enough even if it's frozen. Please post when you find it and where it was.) -- Update, in fairness to all, whether they live closer or further away, I'm going to make it so it doesn't make sense to go look until the last clue is given. This way someone who is closer won't have an advantage of being able to go multiple times. After the fifth clue you will be able to find the place to some level of detail, but it won't be specific enough for you to bother detecting until after the 6th clue is given. Please post under Today's Finds when you find them...goodluck! (See Clue number 2 posted under Games and Contests) -- SEE CLUE #3 in Post today (Thursday, 31st) also under Games and Contests...Clue #4 Algonquin Park--next clue on Thurs!!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Mercury Dime

Cool idea Bergie,If you see a strange lookin fella wearin Groucho glass's followin ya around on Fri.dont get allarmed. ;) :D I'm Planning on buryin a Cache or two myself oneday but I aint tellin were it is ! well mabey I'll give ya'll a clue. ;D

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Answer to #1 is somewhere in the U.S.A.??
Joe

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

If I guess without digging ,by just using the clues provided.....could someone send them to me? :)

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bergie said:
Seems like Fun...I am going to hide these four coins close together in one area and give clues and see who finds them first. It will be in a place where it's ok to detect. I'd only ask that if you find a lot of these types of coins already, try to leave it for someone just getting started or who hasn't found a lot yet. It's going to be in the Hudson Valley Region of New York...Going to give six clues starting with more general and getting more specific. I'll give a clue each day on Thursdays and Mondays at about this time (7pm Eastern) to give everyone who wants to an equal chance to know when the clues will be posted. I will hide the coins as of Friday (tomorrow) morning/afternoon. First Clue...General Washington Ended the War while Stationed in This Town. His Headquarters There is an Historic Site. (Realize this is just to locate the town where the coins are hidden. They are not going to be hidden at the Washington headquarters site.)
(Please don't post any help/answers if you are not part of the search. This will make it more of a challenge for everyone. Thanks. Good luck! I'll make this so you can get the coins out of the ground easily enough even if it's frozen. Please post when you find it and where it was.) -- Update, in fairness to all, whether they live closer or further away, I'm going to make it so it doesn't make sense to go look until the last clue is given. This way someone who is closer won't have an advantage of being able to go multiple times. After the fifth clue you will be able to find the place to some level of detail, but it won't be specific enough for you to bother detecting until after the 6th clue is given. Please post under Today's Finds when you find them...goodluck!
shouldnt this thread be under everything else.
i did that not long ago and hif 4 of them also with a link to tnet so if some one finds them they will post it or email me.
sounds fun good luck

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe

Hmm, that is almost a 4 hour trip from where I am, I don't think I will be digging that one up.
Hope someone closer gets it :)
HH,
Donny

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Bergie cool contest !!

Just one thing...I know where GW's place is and I really really want to hunt the place so could you hide the coins there and when they arrest me I'll say its a contest hunt !! ?

I'M KIDDING ! ;D

I'd love to join in the search but just to far of a drive and well gas prices ya know :'( But I'll be watchin for clues

HH

D. 8)

solaryellow

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Smart Tracker XR8 gift from dad as a kid, 1983?
Garrett Master Hunter CX/12" high energy hothead. R.I.P (1991-2013)

Sounds like fun...

I hope I can muster some time........will be fun to watch too..

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: Updated Second Clue-- I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Merc

I'll just take a :) waypoint please lol

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Re: Clue #3 -- I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Merc

Clue #3 -- new Clue -- Highway 84 to exit 8...within 1/2 mile...

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Re: Clue #4 -- I AM Hiding Large Cent, V Nickel, 2 Cent Piece & Merc

Hmm, I am trying to find Algonquin Parkin NJ.
This is great, I have not found any of these coins yet, always wanted to!

I am on the hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread