cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one of the YS I went to Saturday the guy that ran it just doesn't quite get the meaning of yard sale He had mostly a bunch of junk for sale and a lot of costume jewelry. I picked out 2 small silver rings a single silver earring and 2 small spoons (not silver, I always choose 2 or 3 extra things to set back down on the table so I can pay my original offer for what I really want.) I offer this guy one dollar knowing he will counter offer. He goes NO, and says $10 and grabs everything out of my hand. Now that ticked me off and I asked him if he knew silver was at it's lowest in two years. I told him he would never sell anything at those prices. (there was probably 5-6gr total silver) His wife was running it when I got there, if I was a little faster choosing I am sure I would have paid a dollar or so.

This guy had a thick middle eastern or Baltic accent. Last month at another sale some lady with the same type of accent wanted 5 times what someting was worth and would not budge.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Been there myself, i started giving out my name/number to these types and
explained if the items do not sell and their still interested, give me a call.

It doesn't always work but many times i got the item cheaper than i originally
offered. Give it a shot. :wink:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
"This guy had a thick middle eastern or Baltic accent.
Last month at another sale some lady with the same
type of accent wanted 5 times what someting was worth
and would not budge."

:-\

Watch them Baltic types; never know what they are
going to do. ::)

:wink:

all have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into the same exact thing, same accent too, she had a brand new bubble gum machine with the stand..ya know the kind you would buy at sams wholelsale club rounded top, put the moneny in it..and the good ole black stand..welll she says to me, oh thats 300.00 cause thats what I paid for it..I said YOUR NUTS.... and left.. and it wasn't even gold plated..sheez. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread