Two Weeks ago

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
After reading all of the cool finds on here I thought I would give it a try. Went out two weeks ago and found two pairs of sterling silver heart shaped earrings for a dime a piece. Same sale found a bag of goodies with one large fishing lure looking sterling silver earring and a bakelite green necklace in it. Another sale a 14kt gold ring $5.00, and the last sale of the day my best find, under a bunch of purses was this little carved looking box with a latch on it, I opened it up and there was a tin portrait of a baby. I closed it real quick asked the lady how much she said a dime. Got back into the car opened it up for a better look and the box wasn't a box it was a frame. On the opposite side was another tin portrait of a lady and the baby tin had just been placed in there. The so called box is about 3 inches by 2 1/2 inches by 1/2 inch thick it is dark in color and both sides have been carved, on the inside left is the lady portrait and on the right is old tooled leather. Very neat in my mind, I do not have any pics and on dial up would take hours to upload the pics if I had them. Thanks for reading about my new treasures.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
very cool finds indeed! Welcome to tnet...or atleast welcome to posting here :wink: So glad you got out and found those....that frame sounds great!

P

pippinwhitepaws

SWEET buckle.
looks like a navajo piece. any marking on the back?

the original post is how i do garage sales...try to keep it under two dollars, come away with treasures.

way to go people. ;D

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom has one similar as to what you described and it has a picture of my Great Grand Father in his uniform from the Civil War.
Sweet find and old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread