Ham Radio

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, me too...KD5YQF, and CB'ing, and Shortwave, and Scanners...Love radio......

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I picked up 2 older Cobra base stations (135 and a 139 still new in the box) at an estate sle the other day for $25 one of them had a Turner Super Sidekick desk mic....then I got a D-104 desk mic for another $8

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a scanner but the local police and sheriff have changed frequencies and I was wondering how to get info on their new frequencies.
Thanks.
Scott

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddytopcat said:
I've got a scanner but the local police and sheriff have changed frequencies and I was wondering how to get info on their new frequencies.
Thanks.
Scott

Daddytopcat, It's not quite so easy these days to find the right frequencies of law enforcement. Most are using the 800 mhz system and it switches frequencies almost after each transmission. You will get parts and pieces but usually not both conversations. Oh, btw, I let my general class license expire several years ago (N4MBO). Kinda lost interest in it but still have my old ham gear.

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
:icon_pirat:
I am a ham also KJ4IPW, I bought a 2 meter mobile Icom from a guy on Craigslist for $25, a Grunding YB for $30, and a Realistic pro 2006 for $20 I like Craigslist :headbang:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeMoto said:
The pro 2006 is a great scanner and can be "modified" to pick up all freqs in its range.

2004, 2005, and 2026 also are "real" easy to mod....I have a bus load of Rat Shack Scanners......

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
well thanks for the info how does a person do the modifying or get the info? goldie

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Well, I guess we are having ham for Christmas.... :laughing7:

WB0VXT here. 20+ years now.

Mostly I do 2m and 450mhz but have an old Hallicrafters SR150 low band tranceiver.

Merry Christmas to all!

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
73 & Happy New Year from K3RBP, and the xyl, WA3WTO :hello:

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
AU24K said:
Thanks.
Scott

I know that this is an older post but you can try these links for scanner frequencies. Also, do you know what type of scanner that you have? Most agencies in my area have left behind conventional systems for trunking sytems, and many are now converting to digital. It my be that they have changed their communications system completely.

http://www.radioreference.com/
http://www.nationalradiodata.com/scanner-frequencies-home.jsp

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
goldie1959 said:
well thanks for the info how does a person do the modifying or get the info? goldie

Not all scanners can be modified. The RS scanners usually used diodes to block certain frequency ranges. You simply clip or desolder the particular diode blocking the range you want to recover and you're done. Do a google search for your particular scanner, such as "Pro 2006 scanner mods" to see if there are any available.

There are also some great scanner mod books by Bill Cheek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread