made a lick on the long yard sale...kinda long winded post

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
went to the highway 11 yard sale here in alabama yesterday (thurs) for the first day of the sale.....my dad and i stopped at a yard sale in front of a big ole fancy house...not much there but the lady said "the lady that owns the yard has stuff on her porch".....so we decided since we were already there we would walk across the huge yard to take a look....nothing worth having....then she said those magic words..."my husband passed away last year and the garage and 2 sheds are full if y'all want to look"......so of course we did....JACKPOT!!!!....dad was digging out old scovill hoes and keen cutter mattocks....i bought a push mower (not running) for $5.....then i saw a 5 gallon glass water jug...she said $2...and she had some more in the garage attic with wine in them for $3 each......ended getting 8 with wine and the empty for $25....then she told me about a (luggage trailer as she called it) behind the shed that was wrecked.....so i walked around there and found a 4x8 home built utiility trailer (he was a welder by trade before he passed) with 2x6 floor boards and lawnmoer loading ramps...had a bad wheel and a bent axle......bought it for $20......dug a little deeper in the sheds and found an axle, springs and set of wheels and tires for the trailer...piled all that up and added a 1 man cross cut saw, set of hand trucks, and 4 of the stabilizer bars for a tractor 3 point hitch and asked how much....got it all for $6.....then she sold me an antique table with an older dunlap scroll saw and amillers falls drill press bolted to it and a box full of odd junk.......table and all for $8.....bought a few other odds and ends....ended up spending $68....took all the glass jugs to a friend of mine that was set up a few miles down the road and sold him all 9 for $100.......$32 profit and still had all the parts to rebuild the trailer.......i swear this to be the truth...i can't make this stuff up lol.....sorry for the long post but i just had to tell y'all

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...I enjoyed the post! I'd go back and see if he had any old guns or maybe ask her what he collected. Good luck.

lazyaussie

Jan 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
garret ace250 explorer ll excal 1000 whites BHID
love those big shed sales, good job

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
she was just happy not to have to pay some to haul "his" junk off I bet . --- ;D --- she if she has any more of hubbies "worthless" junk to get rid of.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like finding someone who is ready to part with "junk". You did good. :hello2:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed reading your post Marty, and well done for getting all of those goodies at a good price

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread