Question for you regular yard salers...

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Since my husband passed away I have a ton of tools I'm going to sell at a yard sale next month. How much should small hand tools be priced at? I have screw drivers, wrenches, pliers, clamps, ratchet sets, exacto knives, wire strippers....etc!! I'll bet I have easily 100 pieces. Can I set a standard price to cover most of the items???

thanks for your help!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
First,you need to look at the make of the tool you want to sell...if its a good name and in good shape,,then a price of 1/2 to 3/4 of what you would pay for ity new.

If its just random and miscellaneous stuff,group together in sets and sell or say 1.00 each for screwdrivers,etc..

Make sure you keep a set of tools for your own tool box that you are keeping,because you will kick yourself later when you need something and have to rebuy

If you dont know alot about tools,then get a friend who does to help you price!

Good luck and hope you make alot at your sale!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:
If its just random and miscellaneous stuff,group together in sets and sell or say 1.00 each for screwdrivers,etc..
Remember everyone at a yard sale wants a bargain. If you will accept $1 mark the box $2 then come down if they ask.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I don'tknow how old of tools your talking about ,but some USED hand tools are worth hundreds of dollars..you should really id each peice be4 you sell them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread