estate sale and flea market finds

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
one time i bought a Ambassadeur reel on a rod at the flea market for $10 I tried to sell it to a friend at work for $40 but he said "i have all the reels i need" so i listed it on Ebay and it sold for $202.50 i had no idea what i had.... it was Ambassadeur 5500..... there are 5500c's c3's and all kind of different 5500's but the good ones are 5500's no letters

so i knew what to look for then....... found another one had to give $45 for it...... it sold for $202.52

so keep your eyes open for these....... the Japanese are buying them up and taking them to Japan and selling them for BIG bucks

another time i bought a whole box of old model cars that had been built and stuck in a box and put in the garage ... i could tell they were old but and knew some people collect them so i bought them for $8 sold them on Ebay for $137.50

Marty

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my favorite is old fountain pens......cheapest sell yet was 47 dollars...most was 387.77 to a saudi arabian prince, out of about 40 pens, most of which were given to me because they were trash ??? the others i paid 1-10 bucks for............gldhntr

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done selling a Shimano chronarch bantam 100 baitcasting reel on ebay for $165.55 it cost $10.00 at a yard sale with a nice rod.I bought it because I liked it and it looked good.I punched the name on eBay and saw they were selling for 120-180 used so I couldn't resist.The Johnny Cash book I just sold cost a quarter at a yard sale,it sold for $26.00.I sold a ceramic hoofprint from a horse that didn't even win the derby(but he did run in it in 1956) for $20.50,I got it for $1.00.I could go on,the moral is there are treasures to be found everywhere,sometimes it just takes a different form.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my uncle raced in the 1941 daytona race {on the sand then},,broke a tie rod and ended up finishing 17th,,,,,,maybe i could start selling his right socks, or pictures of his beautiful old mug.....if i did, and they brought over a buck he would not only roll in his grave but probably come back to life.......you are right, treasure can be anything.....................gldhntr

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Estates sales and flea markets are great to buy expenses items real cheap. Go for it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, you guys made out like bandits. You really did good with all those finds. Wish you luck with even more finds...

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the hell are you digging up 6 year old posts to reply with nothing?

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep a lookout for this magic card :tongue3:
threadres.jpg

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@diggummup, According to the Necronomicon the card can only be used once then it must be put into the discard pile while chanting
"Klaatu barada nikto" Just make sure you say it right!

Very few dare practice the dark art of thread resurrection the results can be most scary
DeadThread.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread