Which gold company pays out the most?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have never sold to them, but I hear that Midwest refineries are great to deal with and they pay 90% of spot value. Www.midwest refineries.com. Hope it helps.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midwest Refineries, ARA buys gold as does TreasureNet member JewelerDave here on TreasureNet.....I'm going to use Dave, I would rather give my business to a fellow Treasurenet member...

"I buy one of two ways.
95% straight up based on karat.
Or.
98% based on refining, must be over 1 ounce of fine gold contained for me to refine it, But you get a good price. Oh yes, NO REFINING FEES

if you send me something that is fishy or not gold, I hold it back and send it back, that way you know whats good and whats not. "

JewelerDave.....
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,290959.0.html

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Thanks guys. I think I will go with Midwest. They have an A from the BBB, while ARA is not even on the BBB site. JewelerDave hasn't been on TreasureNet since early March and his website is not updated. I'm not so sure Dave would take sterling either. He is a very nice Treasurenet member, though.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my stuff to ARA and have been very pleased. They return your stones while I am not sure that many do. If you use Midwest, check out the stone situation if you have some.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Hmmmm.... Finally found ARA on the BBB. They have a rating of A+ with 0 complaints, while Midwest has an A with 5 complaints.

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
JJtheRollHunter said:
Hmmmm.... Finally found ARA on the BBB. They have a rating of A+ with 0 complaints, while Midwest has an A with 5 complaints.
[/quote

Why don't you sell them here ??
Email or Pm me what you got, pictures will be nice.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used Midwest in the past and have no complaints. But a TH'er over in Tampa told me about a guy who offers 3% more in Tampa but couldn't find the company but I did find this one in California.
http://www.normanspreciousmetalrefiners.com/

The difference between my company and the others are:

I pay 98% of Gold Spot
Deal direct with the refiner
1-3 days by delivery- you will have your money within 3 days, maximum
Settlement is based on the market price on the day your order is completed and ready for Settlement
No refining fees
State-of-the-art precious metal refining
Highest yields
Itemized valuation report
Payment by check for gold.

Don't know about the stones return but I guess you can ask for their return. :wink:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
RON (PA) said:
I have never sold to them, but I hear that Midwest refineries are great to deal with and they pay 90% of spot value. Www.midwest refineries.com. Hope it helps.
Just so all members reading this will know they pay 90% spot price of after smelt weight... an it's the spot price the day they smelt..so if gold is 1220.00 spot the day you mail an it drops to 960.00 the day of smelt.. you will get the 960.00 per ounce pay

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
creeper71 said:
RON (PA) said:
Just so all members reading this will know they pay 90% spot price of after smelt weight... an it's the spot price the day they smelt..so if gold is 1220.00 spot the day you mail an it drops to 960.00 the day of smelt.. you will get the 960.00 per ounce pay
I took this from their website. They pay 95% not 90%, just to let everyone know.

"What we pay for Gold

Smelters and refiners that claim to pay 98% or 99% for your precious metals, also charge refining fees, assay fees, treatment charges, brokering fees, inbound troy ounce weight fees, handling fees and other fees. Nobody can operate a business on 1% or 2%.

Midwest Refineries has NO fees or charges period!

Midwest Refineries pays 95% of the amount of pure gold contained in your order.

You receive the market price on the day your order is completed and ready for settlement.

Turn around time is usually 3 to 5 working days."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread