good day silver, gold and coins!

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the auction house Thursday evening and picked up a weighted sterling silver tray for $25. Took it home and removed the plaster and nails from the bottom and it came to 2.5 oz. That works out to 53 dollars worth of silver. KACHING! Saturday I stopped at a couple of yards sales to see what I could find. First one didn't seem to have much until I looked at an old jewelry box. Had some fake pearls and a cheap chain hanging and three drawers. Took a quick look and saw lots of tie tacks, pins and necklaces. Asked the lady how much? and she said 5 bucks. Decided to take a chance and picked it up and put it in the back of the truck figuring I'd check it out when got home that evening. Hit a couple of more with no luck as I was just about to give up and head south I saw another sign and decided to check it out. Had to drive through a lot of neighborhood to get to the sale. there was one small silver chain for 5 bucks which was way too high. I asked my usual "Do you have any old coins medallions or tokens?" and two kids perked up and said I do I do wait here I'll be right back. They both came back with baggies of coins. The first kid wasn't wiling to part with much I only got a war nickel from him for 75 cents. The other kid had a couple of dollars worth of wheat pennies and some old Canadian quarters and dimes. Ended up paying him 5 bucks for a small baggie full of coins. Got home sat night and looked though the hoard. Jewelry box yielded a 14k gold bracelet worth about $125. My $5 bag of coins yielded ~$10 in silver and in 180 wheat cents of which I added 8 more coins to my blue book the oldest coin being a 1911. All in all a GOOD DAY!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions