Urgent help needed on a find (Chevy Car related adds/commercial originals)

padlock

Mar 28, 2010
Ann Arbor MI
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
HI all and thanks for looking I picked these up at a sale today. and I am hoping that someone here might know the value of them.

Note I will be adding lots of photos of what I have found

From what I can tell is that they are original hand drawn commercial advertising design boards.

please look at the photos as I only took photos of key spots if anyone wants full photos please let me know I will get them posted ASAP

Thanks so much for looking

The first two photos are of General Motors cyber works

106_2430.jpg

106_2431.jpg

106_2432.jpg

106_2433.jpg

106_2435.jpg

106_2436.jpg

106_2437.jpg

106_2438.jpg

106_2439.jpg

106_2440.jpg

106_2441.jpg

106_2442.jpg

106_2443.jpg

106_2444.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post on some of the Chevy car collectors sites. Try giving a call to

Those were the days
480-987-4729
Talk to the owners (the sales people don't have the knowledge)
They're in Arizona, and have been very helpful with info & finding docs & books for me.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
These appear to be cards used for a proposed TV commercial.

Ad agencies use these to pitch ideas to companies. These have a specific name, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what they are called.

For instance, if you are an ad agency, a company will contact you about the product they want to promote. You suggest running commercials, and then compile these cards with the notes of how the commercial will run.

The client accepts, makes changes, or declines the idea.

Either way, it is tremendously cheaper to mock up these ideas on cards, rather than shooting and producing an entire commercial.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just looked at the photos again.

They look like circa 1984? 1983?

If you figure out when the Celebrity was introduced, and when the Corvette body was changed, this should give you a better idea of its age and origins.

(I hate to post this, but was there a Corvette offered in '83? Seems like I recall that there was a single year that Vettes weren't sold due to the new model change over.)

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
clovis97 said:
I just looked at the photos again.

They look like circa 1984? 1983?

If you figure out when the Celebrity was introduced, and when the Corvette body was changed, this should give you a better idea of its age and origins.

(I hate to post this, but was there a Corvette offered in '83? Seems like I recall that there was a single year that Vettes weren't sold due to the new model change over.)

Yes, looks early 80's.

Correct no 83' Vette. My dad picked-up the first of the new 84's in our state. Cool looking at the time, not much of a car now.. to me. I think he picked it up sometime in 1983.

Value is likely to a Chevy collector, but may cross over to media, paper ect..

daroofa

Apr 8, 2010
Breckentucky MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The first 2 photos must not be related to the others b/c the GM Cyberworks group wasn't formed until 1996.

"..GM's digital media strategy and buying arm for the rapidly emerging web media ecosystem. GM Cyberworks pioneered several innovations on behalf of GM including key innovations in advertising delivery execution and analytics which lead to GM's use of the web as an authentic platform for successful marketing programs."

http://www.zoominfo.com/search#search/profile/person?personId=468746&targetid=profile

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
According to Wiki:

The Chevrolet Celebrity is a mid-size car produced by the Chevrolet Division of General Motors . The Celebrity (a name originally used by Oldsmobile in the 1960s)[1] was introduced in 1981 for the 1982 model year. The Celebrity was the best-selling car in the United States in 1986. Although sold for only one generation, it received its first facelift in 1984, and the other in 1986, which included a facelifted front end and restyled taillights. The Celebrity's last facelift was in 1987, when composite headlamps replaced the quad rectangular sealed beam units. The coupe was discontinued after 1988. Celebrity sedan production ended on July 7, 1989, while the wagon was discontinued in early 1990.

So, with that in hand, the stuff that the OP has is no older than 1981. I will surmise that the Corvette featured is an '82.

When did the new generation of Camaro get introduced to the market?

OP
OP
P

padlock

Mar 28, 2010
Ann Arbor MI
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
yes they are all form the early to mid 80's anyone have any idea what they might be worth?

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
padlock said:
yes they are all form the early to mid 80's anyone have any idea what they might be worth?
your probly going to have too search the internet for collector forum for that kinda stuff an ask there... being what they are I would assume they would have pretty good value... but I don't think anyone from this site would know value for it..

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
So it looks like those ad cards are circa 1981 or 1982.

They feature the new Celebrity, the old body Corvette, and the new Camaro for 1982.

Value? Wow...that would be hard, IMO. I think it would depend on the venue. Selling it at our local flea market might get you $20 for the lot, but the right auction house featuring GM, Camaro or Corvette emphera...these could bring a small fortune.

I'd say ebay would be too risky, especially if you ran an auction. Buy it Now with Best Offer would be the way I listed it, but that caps what they are worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread