diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured i'd post a few of my garage/estate/thrift store finds that i've found in the last 2-3 months. These are ones that i've already sold on ebay.

First is a Emiliano Zapata Bossons Head Chalkware collectible. I found an entire collection of these, most were not Bossons but were "Legends" , however I only paid $40.00 for all 36 of them plus a oil painting that i'll get to later.
Here is the head-

100_3047.jpg

It sold for $190.50 2 days ago.

Here is a set of hand painted salt & pepper shakers-

100_3291.jpg

paid $2.00, sold for $77.50

Here is a tramp art matchbox holder that I found for $1.00

100_3275.jpg

it sold for $41.50

Here's a little Italian micro mosaic pill box that I paid a quarter for-

100_3187.jpg

It sold for $26.00

A set of old jingle bells on a leather strap, purchased with a box of other assorted things. Box was $10.00 so I paid about $1.00 or less.

100_3090.jpg

It sold for 63.78 before Christmas.

An assortment of leather crafting items, paid a total of $7.50 at 2 different sales to make up this lot.

100_2886.jpg 100_2913.jpg

It sold for $83.46

And here's more on the Oil Painting-

100_2906.jpg

It's painted by Morris Katz, holder of 2 World Records and listed in the Guinness book for the worlds fastest painter and for the world's most prolific artist. This was part of the Bossons head collection so it cost me about a dollar. It sold for $49.99.

Anyway, just figured i'd share, maybe give some more ideas as to what you all can be on the lookout for while hunting. Also I always buy cheap, cheap. People that try to get retail at a yard sale are a joke. I would be giving stuff away if I had one because the way I see it is, if i'm trying to sell it at a yardsale then I don't want or care about it anymore and I just want to get rid of it. That's why I use Ebay to sell, I let the public decide what it's worth, after I research it and give it a decent start price.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
You've done great!!!! Thank you for sharing this stuff...I'm an avid ebayer, so I appreciate learning about new stuff!!!! I wouldn't have looked at half that stuff, and would have missed out!

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
THANKS!! Yes, this always helps with stuff to look for!

Recently sold another item from my summer dumpster dive. Not a huge score, but $$.
Basically a 1960's "Colt" guns price list and two Colt badges. "1938-1961"
Sold for $26. Lots of views and emails as to whether I had other Colt items.

Attachments

• IMG_0007a.jpg
    IMG_0007a.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 540

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
There always seems to be a collector of some of the most obscure things doesn't there?
Those are nice things that you sold on Ebay, I particularly like those salt and pepper pots.

U.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
You've done great!!!! Thank you for sharing this stuff...I'm an avid ebayer, so I appreciate learning about new stuff!!!! I wouldn't have looked at half that stuff, and would have missed out!

SEANO said:

Recently sold another item from my summer dumpster dive. Not a huge score, but $$.
SEANO said:

I love old ephemera items, any old guns and ammo stuff is always collectible. I recently made over $1k on a large lot of UFO mags and newsletters from the 1950's and 60's that I pieced out into smaller lots.

Unicorn said:
There always seems to be a collector of some of the most obscure things doesn't there?
Those are nice things that you sold on Ebay, I particularly like those salt and pepper pots.

U.
Thank you, so did I and yes, how true it is about obscure items and collectors. This was probably my best set, I have probably 50 more sets of S&P's but none near what these sold for. I believe they sold so well because of the many photos I posted with it and the detailed description. It always helps to give as many details as possible and to post good photos with the item/s that your selling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread