South Central PA
N.J.THer said:
creeper71 said:
N.J.THer said:
I'm definitely not an expert but I've had luck with:

1. Cast Iron Cookware
2. Movies on Reel
3. Old Engineering Books

I have not gone to a garage sale in a very long time...may have to try one this weekend.

Good luck everyone.
NJ
I don't see many yardsales in NJ, they are usually tagsales or estate sales

A lot of towns in NJ charge for a permit to have a garage sale so most people don't want the hassle of having to go down to town hall during business hours to get the permit. So it cuts down on individual sales. For the last few years most of these towns have a town wide garage sale. One weekend when you don't need a permit. This usually creates a situation where there will be multiple sales on almost every block. Turns into a whole day event in each town.

Then the follow garbage day is a free large pick up so everything that does not sell goes out to the curb. The night before that garbage pickup the roads are covered with pickup trucks taking scrap metal and furniture....lol.

NJ
that explains why everytime I am in Nj there are like 15 tag/estate sales an 3 yardsales...lol

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Modern and Antique tools, engine related items, marbles, and arrowheads mostly, but also good with vintage electronics, lighting, structural antiques, and small novelty type stuff like old toys, advertisement stuff, etc...

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Books with autographs and inscriptions with signature. Never been lucky enough to find the Big names. Can only hope one day a couple will be worth something. But I feel I get a 3 for 1. The book, the autograph, and sometimes who the prior owner was is more important then the authors signature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread