Russian Amber Room piece? (yea, Im out there..)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Russian Amber Room piece? (yea, I'm out there..)

This is what I was referring to earlier this morning-
Crackle glass is known by other names, such as craquelle glass, ice glass, overshot glass.

It was the Venetian glassmakers of the sixteenth century, who invented this marvelous process. The glass was immersed in cold water while it was molten hot, thereby cracking the glass. The glass was then reheated and either mold or hand blown into the shape the glass blower desired. The reheating of the glass sealed the cracks. If you run your hands over crackle glass, you can feel the cracks, but the inside is smooth to touch.

Glassmakers from the nineteenth century and even today are still using the same methods.

Some of the companies that produced crackle glass are Blenko Glass Company, Pilgrim Glass Company, H.C. Fry Glass Company, Boston & Sandwich Glass Company, Hobbs, Bruckunier & Company, Cambridge Glass Company, Kanawha Glass Company. Some of these companies are still operating today, making crackle glass.

So my question is....is it or is it not?

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Re: Russian Amber Room piece? (yea, I'm out there..)

Two pawn shops said "Not gold". (The beads) Okay.
It is authentic very old crackle glass.
The 33 polished cabochons are amber.
The 64 yellow tiny stones are faceted.

This thread is not the bidding thread. I am going to offer this stunning piece for auction on my Cappy Z page. So look there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread