Check your local Antiques Mall for US Silver Coins

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I haven't found a thing yet, but I've been trying.

All the dealers at our local malls must belong to the I.K.W.S.I.W.A.

Otherwise, known as "I Know What Silver Is Worth Association", and to the affiliate club "And I Am Going To Mark It Four Dollars More Than It Is Worth Club." (A.I.A.G.T.M.I.F.D.M.T.I.I.W.C.)

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The average antique dealer doesn't belong to either of those groups........ they belong to I.H.N.I.W.I.W.B.I.S.S.I.M.I.H(I have no idea what it's worth but it's silver so I'll mark it high). Spot is just now getting high enough to make it look like they mark it $4 more than it's worth.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To one of my local antique dealers I am known as something. before she called me that name I thought she was a nice little old lady.

she turned from this
old-woman.jpg

to this
mean-old-lady.jpg

and called me a

MELTER :o
I am thinking of getting a name badge that says MelterDan and wearing it in the next time.

OP
OP
jnkhntr

jnkhntr

Feb 6, 2009
Central Florida
cyberdan said:
MELTER :o
I am thinking of getting a name badge that says MelterDan and wearing it in the next time.
Economics force the issue. I can list weighted sterling silver candle sticks or take them to the flea market and not get $20 dollars for them. Strip them and sell them as scrap and I can get SPOT minus 10% ( x .925) and become a fellow: MELTER :o

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've been called the same thing. The truth is I'd rather sell my finds to an end user instead of a refiner. However, I can't make any money waiting for someone to come around that's willing to pay melt for common sterling items. I always tell people that act like I'm doing something wrong that I'll sell to them at the same price I'd sell to the refiner.......that always shuts them up.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
The price of silver is climbing faster than alot of coin sellers can keep up with or else they just don't bother to watch it. In the past couple of weeks I've bought some Morgan & Peace dollars for $20 each and just this weekend I bought 7 Barber halves for $10 each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread