New to the Forum...not new to Ebay/Garage Sales...

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys, first post here...I've recently gotten back into buying/selling...sometimes I don't think it so much about making the money, but the game of "What can I buy it for, and what can I get for it when I flip it?"

Anyway, question...you guys that use the BIN's...do you pay the monthly fee for a store front, or just use the BIN without that...I guess, is there any real NEED to pay for a store.

Here's a link to myworld and auctions...got a few things going right now...it's actually been a VERY good week.

http://myworld.ebay.com/jsi.

Greg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it really depends on how many items you plan on listing each month as to whether or not you open a store. I sell less than 50 so I don't feel the need yet.

OP
OP
SCdigger

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
diggummup said:
I think it really depends on how many items you plan on listing each month as to whether or not you open a store. I sell less than 50 so I don't feel the need yet.

Thanks Diggum...what's you're ebay id?

Greg (jsi.)

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
I do not have a store.

I'm currently a "Top Rated Seller" and "Power Seller"

Just haven't taken the time to see if its worth it. Not thrilled with the idea of having a "store" either.

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use BIN and a store front. I usually have around 300 items listed. Average sales per month 40-70.

SCdigger are you in the low country? I use to live in Charleston, I miss hunting for shark teeth.

My screen name on here back then was Diverwannabe.

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that was me, when I left South Carolina I had to find something to replace shark tooth hunting so I took up garage sale hunting and selling ebay. :icon_pirat:

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
diggummup said:
I am also a top rated seller and a powerseller. If I didn't work full time I would probably list more and open a store. But I just don't have the time.

Ditto

OP
OP
SCdigger

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
famous turtle treasures said:
I use BIN and a store front. I usually have around 300 items listed. Average sales per month 40-70.

SCdigger are you in the low country? I use to live in Charleston, I miss hunting for shark teeth.

My screen name on here back then was Diverwannabe.

I'm in the upstate in Anderson...

Greg

goldee43

Greenie
Nov 8, 2010
Bloomington, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I used to have a store, but I wasn't selling enough to justify it. I may be wrong, but I believe stores are the lowest in search relevance. You see BINs before stores.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
goldee43 said:
I used to have a store, but I wasn't selling enough to justify it. I may be wrong, but I believe stores are the lowest in search relevance. You see BINs before stores.

They are, however, they are still worth it for bulk listing items (with BINs) that are esoteric and otherwise hard to sell.
The easiest way to determine if an item is good "store manna" is to check the auction listings, using your prime keyword terms. If you see more than 10 for sale at any given time in the auctions, forget it. The auctions will kick your butt.

5-10, maybe, if it's an active seller and you price it right.

The sweet spot for stores is when there are 0-5 items in the auctions with your prime keywords.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread