For all the E-Bay Guys & Girls

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
For all the E-Bay Guys & Girls

Hello Everyone,
I'm one of the new guys on the forums and just starting to really snoop around on here hoping to get involved in a little bit of everything on this site, because I am honestly impressed with everyones knowledge and have been learning a ton in the past few weeks from reading older posts on everything I possibly can.

Ive been wanting to get involved in E-Bay for quite a while, but wasn't sure how. I've finally set up a paypal account and will hopefully will be joining the hunt at garage and estate sales in a few weeks.

In the mean time and tips would greatly be appreciated! I found this awesome E-Bay calculator to kind of start me off in the right direction and hope it can be some use to everyone else. It has the updated E-Bay fees included! http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm
~Jon

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: For all the E-Bay Guys & Girls

This is a great application. I used to keep up with all the costs by hand, got old real fast. Thanks

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ooooh, thank you very much.
Just started doing the "E", and doing okay. Now I'm at the point where I'm trying
to shave off chunks of time to be more efficient.
This will certainly help. Thanks again!
Carl

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011

As far as tips for selling, pictures and a good hearty description go a LONG way. always be honest with what you are selling, and give as much info as possible. I usually go with a Buy-it-now to sell items, because they usually sell if the price is fair, and you dont have to wait the length of an auction.

If you want to know WHAT the price should be on an item, look it up and then on the left hand side, thhere is something called "completed listings", this shows you what recent items have sold for. i would take those prices into consideration, and i usually price my items at JUST below the lowest item in the same condition, and it will sell at a buy it now at a decent price.

Hope this helps ;D

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like Brendan said -- Pictures! Clear pictures. People like to see what they are buying. I use Auctiva to upload up to 24 pics for each listing. I know there are some free picture galleries to use, but I don't know the names, sorry. I think auctiva has a free trial period to see if you like it.

http://www.auctiva.com/default.aspx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread