OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't jump down her throat, I was trying to get her off my back. The implications and tone in her posts were quite evident and unappreciated. I understand the coincidences between the stories, but that doesn't give her the right to assume I was falsifying my story. And again, a closer examination of the two stories reveals that they aren't all that similar aside from the contents of the find.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tone?????????????????????????????//

I'm sorry you read it that way. I was excited to know that the person who found the photos was on TNET!!

I was simply looking at the unread posts that I hadn't looked at.

I'm THRILLED that someone here at Tnet is the one who found it - and excited.

How, in heaven's name did you get the idea that I was disparaging your reputation?????????

I saw the story before I read your post - true, true, true - but I don't read the "unread posts" everyday.

Imagine my surprise - to see THE person who I had just seen on TV (watching cnn) - there is NO way it was meant to be disparaging.
It was meant to be congratulatory - and to let you know how wide-spread the coverage had gotten.

One of the links I sent may have been of someone else - I was just looking to find that story that I had found about your find.

I'm sorry if you took that any other way.

Beth

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
My tone?????????????????????????????//

I'm sorry you read it that way. I was excited to know that the person who found the photos was on TNET!!

I was simply looking at the unread posts that I hadn't looked at.

I'm THRILLED that someone here at Tnet is the one who found it - and excited.

How, in heaven's name did you get the idea that I was disparaging your reputation?????????

I saw the story before I read your post - true, true, true - but I don't read the "unread posts" everyday.

Imagine my surprise - to see THE person who I had just seen on TV (watching cnn) - there is NO way it was meant to be disparaging.
It was meant to be congratulatory - and to let you know how wide-spread the coverage had gotten.

One of the links I sent may have been of someone else - I was just looking to find that story that I had found about your find.

I'm sorry if you took that any other way.

Beth

The way I read the posts was that you did sound excited early on but the tone turned suspicious as they went on. I took it as you implying that I had stolen the story from the news and was trying to adopt it as my own. I think the "Oh gee, let me tell you about your find...." comment I misread as being sarcastic and implying that I was making the story up.

Since I have apparently misinterpreted your posts, I offer you my sincerest apologies and hope that this will not get between us for future conversations on this site. It appears that in an attempt to protect my reputation here (or lack there of) I may have tarnished it completely. I certainly feel sheepish and honestly do apologize for my distasteful previous posts. And not to make excuses, but I was suffering from the worst sinus infection I have ever had so I was not in the best of moods.

Nonetheless, it unfortunately is not me all over the news. It really is just a very large coincidence.

Again, my deepest apologies and I hope you can forgive me for me poor attitude.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customx_12,

Your apology - is certainly accepted. I do not always do a good job at explaining what I mean, either.

I am truly am excited for you - and - maybe - since it has been on the news about this other person's photos, then you will do even better in selling what you have, due to the extra publicity.

Treasure hunters LIVE for these kinds of finds - imo, and I am almost as happy for others (almost) when they find great things, as if I found it myself!!!!!

I can also empathize with sinus infections - I am quite prone to them also - and it is no fun - and this year, in particular, has been very bad.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread