Marilyn Monroe Photos

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale for a dead professional photographer. Hidden in the back of a drawer in the kitchen was a brown lunch bag that said "Marilyn Monroe". Opened it up and inside were 8 black and white behind the scene shots from "Some Like it Hot" and a little envelope with 3 original negatives of Jayne Mansfield posing in a bikini poolside at the Tropicana! Got them all for $15. Turns out the shots are all original and never-before-seen! I actually can't even post them here per part of the contract with Julian's auction house in Hollywood. Estimate when we list them is $3-5k but they said that's a conservative estimate. CHECK THOSE DRAWERS!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when they go up for auction
Well we get a look ?
or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

Cool find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Well we get a look ?

I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Customx_12 said:
jeff of pa said:
Well we get a look ?

I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.
have you even checked to see if these were copyrighted or not?? if there not I would copyright them asap

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Customx_12 said:
jeff of pa said:
Well we get a look ?

have you even checked to see if these were copyrighted or not?? if there not I would copyright them asap

I have no idea how to check nor do I know how or even if I can copyright them since I didn't take them. I don't know if it's different for photos or the negatives either. All I know is that we have had some very reliable Monroe experts examine them and report that they have never seen these images. All internet sources and experts indicate they have never been published. Some of the experts have authored books about Monroe's photographs. I might need to get a copyright attorney before moving on with this.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, Don't post the Actual Picture Just Use your Computer and Upload a Picture Of one of the Negatives!!! use the software and Crop the Picture And show Part of the Picture Preferably Her Legs !!!!!!! Red Is going to Hurt Me for this Post But Marilyn Has the Most sexy legs I have seen Other than reds!!!! ( Bonus Points I hope) HH Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red just saw My Post!!!! :help: :help: :help: Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never Mind I don't Need Any Help!!!!! Chug ;D ;D ;D

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Customx_12 said:
creeper71 said:
Customx_12 said:
jeff of pa said:
Well we get a look ?

I have no idea how to check nor do I know how or even if I can copyright them since I didn't take them. I don't know if it's different for photos or the negatives either. All I know is that we have had some very reliable Monroe experts examine them and report that they have never seen these images. All internet sources and experts indicate they have never been published. Some of the experts have authored books about Monroe's photographs. I might need to get a copyright attorney before moving on with this.
I would atleast talk to a copyright attorney before I would move on to selling them cause if you don't you could be screwing yourself either money wise or copyright infingement wise maybe even both

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:

No, I am not Mr. Fury. I only have prints of Monroe without the negs. But I have the negs of Mansfield without the prints. I sure wish I had Monroe negs though!

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
WOW - saw that (you) on television.

GREAT!!!!

Beth

Hi Beth,

While I have actually been on a few shows before, I was never on for having found these images. I'm afraid I'm not the person you saw on T.V. Sorry!

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
But, that WAS your story, was it not?

Beth

I'm afraid I don't know what story you're referring to. The one I typed here is my story. I don't know what you saw on T.V. so I'm a bit confused.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Oh, gee - let me help you see the neat stuff about your find!!! I cannot find it, but I watched it on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cel...ilyn.monroe.mystery/index.html?iref=allsearch

http://www.wcyb.com/nationalnews/28059841/detail.html

Beth

PS The story is in at least 85 news publications, as of a couple of days ago.

I don't appreciate your tone nor what appears to be your accusation that I took this story and claimed it as my own. I advise you to read the story I gave again, then read the story you read about in the news. I have photos of Marilyn with no negs from behind the scenes of "Some Like it Hot" not from a photo shoot. I have 3 negs of Mansfield with no prints of her posing in a bikini poolside at the Tropicana. I bought mine about 3 months ago at an estate sale in San Diego (where "Some Like it Hot" was filmed), not a garage sale in New Jersey. In addition, the fact that the man in the story found his prints and negatives in 1980 and that I wasn't born until 1981 makes adopting his story a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? I understand that you're reading comprehension skills are likely below average, but please try to focus on the stories.

To imply, madame, that I would take someone's story (that has now, as you pointed out, been in over 85 news outlets) and try to claim it as my own on a treasure forum in the hopes to fool everyone (for some random, unknown reason) is not just laughable, but indicates that you are most likely delusional and/or paranoid. Despite the fact that you believe, no doubt, that you have excellent investigative skills, I assure you that your implications and borderline accusations are doing nothing more than making you look foolish. I'm not entirely sure if you're trying to provoke me to post an image to "prove" my find or if you honestly feel that I am trying to spin a story and lie to the members of this forum, but I can tell you that any correlation between my story and the story you saw on T.V. is pure coincidence. In addition, a little historical research on your part might enlighten you to the friendship shared between Monroe and Mansfield as well as the tendency for them to be photographed by the same photographers.

I don't appreciate your poor attempt at ruining my reputation on this site over something that you clearly know nothing about and I will not hesitate to defend myself and call you out on your lies and accusations. Have a good day!

P.S. I started this thread on May 19th but the story you say you saw on T.V. wasn't aired until May 28th. I must be either psychic or an insider at CNN, right Beth?

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and one more thing, Beth. Here is a link to a Monroe fan-site where I shared this story back in February soon after we found the photos and negatives. I actually posted some of the pics there but later removed them so people wouldn't steal copies of them (but you could still read the reactions of the lucky few who saw them). I refer to my friend finding them because we were together and he is technically the one who found them (I later purchased them from him). I said we had 4 Mansfield negs and 15 Monroe photos in that story, but that was an approximate. We instead only ended up with 3 Mansfield negs and 8 Monroe photos.

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=16471

I'll be waiting for your apology.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She just asked a simple question. No need to jump down her throat.

There are three major coincidences with your story and that other guys story.
1) bought at yardsale
2) photos of Marilyn
3) negs of Jane

When I read the CNN story the same thought started going through my head. Not that you were lying but oops someone let your cat out of the bag and now your photos are all over the internet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread