Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Mind Boggling!

    My sister and I went to a garage sale yesterday and I can't believe the stuff we got! We pulled up to this sale and the driveway was lined with big U-haul boxes. I walked up and looked at the tags on the boxes and they said $2 for box. I started going through a couple of the boxes and almost hurt myself trying to pull the tags and tell the man and woman running the sale that I wanted those boxes! My sister gave me this look like "HOLY CRAP! Can you believe this?!?!"
    Just the stuff on the top of the boxes convinced me to buy them and when we got home and started going through them, it was mind boggling! We found brand new, still in the boxes, Corning Ware, a Waterford crystal vase, Normandy set of glasses, vintage linens that still had the tags on them, including an Irish Linen tablecloth & napkins, a Swedish stainless steel tray(still in the box), Flint Arrowhead kitchen utensils, handmade wooden bookends, Asian napkin rings, 6 vintage Pyrex bowls(not pictured), LaSalle College advertising bowls(maybe dip bowls?), vintage baby mug still in the box and so much more. The woman must have been a pack rat, because almost all the items had their original packaging and labels. It looks like some of it was maybe wedding gifts to the couple, because there are little gift cards stuck in some of the boxes. I still can't believe what we got---We spent $52 and had a truck load full! I brought some stuff home with me to research for ebay and we took some to my sisters junk shop. Oh, I almost forgot about the jewelry---There were 4 bags of misc. jewelry for $1 a bag. In one bag there is an Italy 14K chain, and there were 2 silver pins in another bag as well as lots of pieces of junk jewelry that my sister will have no trouble in selling. I don't have a picture of the jewelry yet, but I'll take one to show you the good stuff---Are most pieces that are marked Italy 14K not really gold? I don't have a test kit and need to get one to check the Italy gold chain.
    Another thing I got that I am going to keep was a Karastan Persian rug(4'x6') for $5! It is a gorgeous dark red with blues, oranges, and tans. I wish sales were like this everyweek! That was so much fun!
    Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend and thanks for looking!
    Here's some pics---it'll take me a couple of minutes to get all the pictures loaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7497 (650x485).jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	533864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7498 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	972 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	533865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7499 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	533866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7506 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	533868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7507 (650x376).jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	533869  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7500 (650x393).jpg 
Views:	962 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	533870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7501 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	533871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7503 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	533872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7504 (577x650).jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	280.7 KB 
ID:	533873  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  2. #2
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    More pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7514 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	944 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	533874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7509 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	951 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	533875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7510 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	939 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	533876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7511 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	936 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	533877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7519 (501x650).jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	533878  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7521 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	533879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7517 (650x294).jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	533880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7530 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	533881  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  3. #3
    us
    da book worm--researcher

    Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    14,345
    678 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    looks like you did well to me.

  4. #4
    us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    3,933
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Now you're gonna have to have a yard sale lol. Nice score


  5. #5
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    looks like you did well to me.
    Thanks Ivan!
    Quote Originally Posted by savant365
    Now you're gonna have to have a yard sale lol. Nice score
    Most of it will go to my sisters shop (antique/collectibles/junk shop). She sells for us and supports our habit(of garage sales).
    I might put some of it on ebay. Thanks savant!!
    Here's the Karastan Persian rug I got for $5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7535 (650x433).jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	533882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7534 (466x650).jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	325.0 KB 
ID:	533883  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  6. #6
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    The good jewelry:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7542 (650x374).jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	533884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7541 (650x443).jpg 
Views:	887 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	533885  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  7. #7

    Apr 2006
    Ventura, CA
    LST
    801
    9 times

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    That should keep you on cloud 9 for awhile.. or at least till next weekend when you go out again.

  8. #8
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by goldinmypan
    That should keep you on cloud 9 for awhile.. or at least till next weekend when you go out again.
    Yep--its a rush to find garage sales like this and does put us on 'cloud 9' for awhile. I think that's what keeps us going back for more--you just never know what you might find!
    Thanks goldinmypan .
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  9. #9
    us
    Apr 2011
    The glass city, Pennsylvania
    Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
    49

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    That is an AMAZING SCORE!!!

  10. #10
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue124
    That is an AMAZING SCORE!!!
    Thanks trueblue.
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  11. #11
    us
    Nov 2009
    Evans Colorado
    AT Pro
    880
    96 times

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Now why can't I find things like that around here sheeesh great haul ladies

  12. #12
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank1960
    Now why can't I find things like that around here sheeesh great haul ladies
    Its rare to come across a garage sale like this, but they are out there. Just incentive for us to keep going back for more .
    Thanks Frank .
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    11,381
    2207 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by sandcreek4
    Are most pieces that are marked Italy 14K not really gold? I don't have a test kit and need to get one to check the Italy gold chain.
    Another thing I got that I am going to keep was a Karastan Persian rug(4'x6') for $5! It is a gorgeous dark red with blues, oranges, and tans. I wish sales were like this everyweek! That was so much fun!
    Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend and thanks for looking!
    Here's some pics---it'll take me a couple of minutes to get all the pictures loaded.
    You can have fake gold with any number of markings. The Italy mark is used alot because there is a lot of real gold with that mark, thus making a popular mark to put on fake gold also.
    Karastan is a good name when it comes to carpet or rugs. Most high end casinos, hotels, Convention Centers, etc. use Karastan carpets. It's probably made with New Zealand wool which was very popular in the 1950's and still used today in high end carpets and clothing. Your rug dates from the late 70's to the mid 80's more tha likely. Nice lookin rug. Take it from me i've been in the Carpet/flooring business for going on 25 years now.

    Oh Yeah I almost forgot- Nice Score!!! You don't find them like that everyday. Reminds me of my famous Thanksgiving Day Estate sale!
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.


  14. #14
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    2,227
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup
    Quote Originally Posted by sandcreek4
    Are most pieces that are marked Italy 14K not really gold? I don't have a test kit and need to get one to check the Italy gold chain.
    Another thing I got that I am going to keep was a Karastan Persian rug(4'x6') for $5! It is a gorgeous dark red with blues, oranges, and tans. I wish sales were like this everyweek! That was so much fun!
    Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend and thanks for looking!
    Here's some pics---it'll take me a couple of minutes to get all the pictures loaded.
    You can have fake gold with any number of markings. The Italy mark is used alot because there is a lot of real gold with that mark, thus making a popular mark to put on fake gold also.
    Karastan is a good name when it comes to carpet or rugs. Most high end casinos, hotels, Convention Centers, etc. use Karastan carpets. It's probably made with New Zealand wool which was very popular in the 1950's and still used today in high end carpets and clothing. Your rug dates from the late 70's to the mid 80's more tha likely. Nice lookin rug. Take it from me i've been in the Carpet/flooring business for going on 25 years now.

    Oh Yeah I almost forgot- Nice Score!!! You don't find them like that everyday. Reminds me of my famous Thanksgiving Day Estate sale!
    Thanks Diggummup ---I think most of these items are from the 1970's/early80's. I'm really thrilled with the rug---It makes quite a splash of color in my house. And thanks for the info on the Italy gold--I am just going to hold onto it until I get a testing kit to make sure its gold before I list it on eBay.
    It was a fun garage sale--I've been listing stuff all day on eBay .
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

  15. #15

    Mar 2007
    Panama City Florida
    121

    Re: Mind Boggling!

    WOW...I am going to have to relocate to Oklahoma, you always find the best stuff at the best price. Way to Go!!!

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3