Vintage dentist items... House of PAIN

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finally am getting around to take pictures of some dentistry stuff I found months ago. I picked all of this up for $15.00. Along with it came a whole bunch of other items and a sad story about how the owner of these tools got forced out of this business because his building was being demolished.

Judging from the date on one of the boxes this stuff is from the 50s.

The thing that sticks out the most to me are the brutal looking teeth molds. I think I can play on the strangeness of this lot.

I purchased all of this, and a whole bunch of other stuff for $65.00 total.

So far out of everything I purchased I sold 2 lamps for $55.00 and another light fixture for $45.00.

I have no idea how to price this so I am going to do an auction starting out at $50.00 and see what happens. I am working on the listing now and will post it on here when I am done.

Attachments

• Picture 41.png
    Picture 41.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 935

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah good ole stainless steel-- replacible tip type dental needles used to shoot novicane into the gums before the FUN PART begins --is it safe yet? :icon_pale: :whip2: >:D

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Put them up and they will sell. Hollywood actor and super eccentric Crispin Glover has an extensive collection of antique medical equipment and related items.

Crispin-Glover-6255126.jpg

drgeorge

May 25, 2008
Pálháza
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Int'l)
ivan salis said:
ah good ole stainless steel-- replacible tip type dental needles used to shoot novicane into the gums before the FUN PART begins --is it safe yet? :icon_pale: :whip2: >:D
Don't complain about local anesthetic (have you ever had dental work done without it??? :tongue3:).

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
partialy --had a semi drunk tooth yanker operate on me at about 3 am in the morning one day as my ship came into port from sea (Charleston , SC)--we were only going to be in port a few hours (NOT MUCH CARGO TO DROP/PICK UP AT THE TIME) and he was the ONLY person "availble on a late friday night / early saturday morning "EMERGENCY BASIS"-- he normally worked on "foreign seaman' not americans -- on a cash upfront basis -- I had to fork over $300 cash upfront for this butcher to extract my tooth * -- he only partly numbed me and went to work right away before it numbed me properly well --I forced him to stop and give me more --he then over did it --making me look like my face was going to slide off my skull === the great news was that he did not have any antibotics on hand to give me after pulling my "infected tooth" --so I had to go to the local hospital emergancy room and beg them for some antibotics . -- yah I hate him --guess why?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread