The WOW Factor?

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
Ok guys,
I know very little to nothing about vintage clothing but I am about to take a serious crash course. The story: I was out hunting this past weekend an I just happened to stumble across an estate sale. So I was snooping around in the closets and I found the mother-load of crazy vintage clothing. The dude had spent at least 3k or more on wardrobe. Nobody even looked at the stuff twice, but I knew there was some serious coin there as soon as I saw authentic bleeding India madras and Ralph Lauren everything. I bought the entire wardrobe, still hanging in dry cleaning bags for $200 bucks. Personally, I think its ugly as sin, but I cant get over the price that the stuff is selling for. What do you think my best options are for unloading? Do you guys suggest e-bay or maybe someone who deals in vintage men's clothing.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
trueblue124 said:
Ok guys,
I know very little to nothing about vintage clothing but I am about to take a serious crash course. The story: I was out hunting this past weekend an I just happened to stumble across an estate sale. So I was snooping around in the closets and I found the mother-load of crazy vintage clothing. The dude had spent at least 3k or more on wardrobe. Nobody even looked at the stuff twice, but I knew there was some serious coin there as soon as I saw authentic bleeding India madras and Ralph Lauren everything. I bought the entire wardrobe, still hanging in dry cleaning bags for $200 bucks. Personally, I think its ugly as sin, but I cant get over the price that the stuff is selling for. What do you think my best options are for unloading? Do you guys suggest e-bay or maybe someone who deals in vintage men's clothing.
best place since you know nothing about it ,other then it's top dollar clothing an it's vintage would be EBAY for you... ... Taking it to a vintage clothes dealer you have a high chance of screwing your self out of money...

IamJan

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2011
North Carolina
trueblue124 said:
Ok guys,

I would suggest you try etsy. They deal only in vintage or handmade. Fees to sell are not that bad and you could search the site to get an idea of pricing. I think you would get a lot more for your items there than anywhere else. Good Luck! ;D

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep. get that stuff on eBay and get PAID!! Awesome find, btw..

OP
OP
Love It Twice 2009

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
Detector(s) used
I grossly underestimated this. There was another two closets just to give you an idea, this is the FIRST truckload......

Attachments

• wardrobe.jpg
    wardrobe.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 714

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Etsy"........... just .20 per listing and just 3.5% at the point of sale. Loads of vintage shoppers. You can't beat it! :wink:

OP
OP
Love It Twice 2009

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
Detector(s) used
I've actually been pre-occupied with life stuff but i just started to go through some of the clothing. i'll post some pics as soon as i get a chance of the more interesting pieces...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread