diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't done this for a while figured i'd post some of the last months better sales that I sold on Ebay... so here goes-

100_4123.jpg

Vintage White's truck hood ornament in the box, part of an estate sale box full of stuff for $35.00
Sold for $82.51

marlin.jpg
1965-67 AMC Marlin fender emblem, same estate, same $35.00 box
Sold for $24.50

labco.jpg
Vintage Labco Products Jeanie Rub Massager.
Paid $4 sold for $41.01

latham.jpg
Latham Time Clock
Paid $5 sold for $56.00 didn't have a key when I bought it, got one online for $3.99 shipping included

greenslade.jpg
1973 Greenslade Album Sealed paid $1 sold for $29.99

danish glasses.jpg
6 Danish Holmegaard Per Lütken Balloon Midi-white wine glasses circa 1973
paid $6 or $1 each, sold for $45.99, buyer paid for priority shipping to the UK at a cost of $55.88

gold.jpg
14k gold 37" 5.06 gram necklace
scored this with the box of stuff from the same estate sale mentioned above. sold for $138.33

100_4228.jpg
Fenton Wisteria Silvertone Amethyst Candle holders
paid $1.00 sold for $22.09

100_4377.jpg
Wedgwood Peter Rabbit Tea Set 6pc.
paid $5 sold for $86.00 (bidding war)

100_4510.jpg
Charles Sawyer hand colored Photograph from the early 1900's
This was a freebie thrown in because I paid $30.00 for a cedar chest at an estate sale.
Sold for $92.50

There's more but these were my favorite sales lately. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That painting was small. The frame was only 11" x 7". I covered the front and back with cardboard, wrapped it up with bubble wrap and stuck it in a padded mailer. That was the first framed picture i've sold. It caught my eye because it looked like it was hand colored, which i'm familiar with because I collect postcards. I didn't know the photographer was a known one until I brought it home and did the research. I charged $7.65 shipping, it cost a little over $5 in reality for priority, it only weighed 13 ounces packaged up.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy your posts and you are doing great on Ebay with that stuff!

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
On fire, keep it up!!
Great finds and sales, thanks!
Humm, did you try out the "Jeanie Rub Massager" ;)

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great sales! Amazing! I just learned my lesson from ebay: Postage costs a lot! Got burned on my first 3 sales--but I guess that is the way it is!

Nice pieces you picked up. And, thank you for your previous advice. I will learn.

See you on the CRH!

apush :read2:

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
apush said:
Great sales! Amazing! I just learned my lesson from ebay: Postage costs a lot! Got burned on my first 3 sales--but I guess that is the way it is!

Nice pieces you picked up. And, thank you for your previous advice. I will learn.

See you on the CRH!

Me too, gotta get a scale!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEANO said:
apush said:

See you on the CRH!

Me too, gotta get a scale!!!

I live in Florida, before I post item on EBay, I weigh it in the box I will ship it in and I look up the cost for it to be shipped to Seattle, Wa and to St Louis, Mo......... I then post item with the cost to ship Seattle, but in the descripition I state if the buyer lives East of Mississippi river, then they pay "X"$ (price to St Louis), if they live West of Mississippi they pay "Y$" (cost to Seattle) ... I don't give the cities in the listing, only the costs....

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the wine glasses marked anywhere? I have a hard time finding good pieces of glass and then identifying them correctly.
Fantastic ebay sales, diggummup! I have learned so much from you and famous turtle treasures! Keep on educating us :thumbsup: .

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Too little shipping charges is one of the first mistakes new sellers make on Ebay (myself included). A good scale will pay for itself in no time at all, you can get one for around $20.00, that includes shipping. You can print your shipping labels online and save money with the delivery confirmation too (.19 versus .80). Not to mention, no waiting in line at the post office to mail your packages, you can schedule a pickup right from your home. I usually use the shipping "calculated:cost varies by buyer location" option in my listings, most of the time.

Seano- yes I did try out the massager on the wifes shoulders and neck, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Industrial Strength!

Sandcreek- yes the glasses were each signed (hand engraved) "HG3", the 3 denotes the year 1973 and HG for Holmegaard . It took a while to figure out what they were and where they came from. I had know idea what they were when I bought them, but I saw they were signed and looked different so I bought them. I love researching unknowns.

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
I just learned my lesson from ebay: Postage costs a lot! Got burned on my first 3 sales--but I guess that is the way it is!
I weigh my items on a good scale, round up to the next pound and add a pound then $1 to $1.50 handling.

ex 1lb 3oz = 2lb = 3lb + $1.00

there are times I make enough to pay all the fees other times I break even.

and feebay wants us to lower our shipping costs by punishing us with shipping cost fees. That will never happen, I don't care if I do not make a sale because the buyer wants free shipping. I just shipped two things this morning, the post office made twice what I did on both items. >:( Sorry for the tirade I am in business to make some money. Not to give it away. :-X

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
apush said:
I just learned my lesson from ebay: Postage costs a lot! Got burned on my first 3 sales--but I guess that is the way it is!
I weigh my items on a good scale, round up to the next pound and add a pound then $1 to $1.50 handling.

ex 1lb 3oz = 2lb = 3lb + $1.00

there are times I make enough to pay all the fees other times I break even.

and feebay wants us to lower our shipping costs by punishing us with shipping cost fees. That will never happen, I don't care if I do not make a sale because the buyer wants free shipping. I just shipped two things this morning, the post office made twice what I did on both items. >:( Sorry for the tirade I am in business to make some money. Not to give it away. :-X

If the post office is making more money on a sale than you, then don't list items with so little room for a profit. Doing simple completed items searches will save you a lot of time and make you realize it's not worth your time to sell an item with no room for profit. Throw the junk in a box for your own yard sale or save up some boxes of decent stuff and take it to a local auction house.

To add to another's post, I am still amazed at how many people don't spend $20 on a simple scale and print their postage online at home. Just the time standing in line once or twice is worth the cost of a scale and label printer to me. And then just hope onto the USPS website and have them come pick it up. Or if you ship enough, use a service like FedEx, get some discounted contract rates and pay $10 a week for them to come pick up your daily packages.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
thanks diggummup

I didn't think about the hood ornaments and fender emblems. Somewhere I have car emblems in a box.
I was just looking up slot cars from the early 60's. I couldn't believe the prices they are going for!

Randyd

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randyd said:
thanks diggummup

I didn't think about the hood ornaments and fender emblems. Somewhere I have car emblems in a box.
I was just looking up slot cars from the early 60's. I couldn't believe the prices they are going for!

Randyd
Yeah, some of those old slot cars go for hundreds. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions