Online photos of an estate sale for tommorrow... see anything good?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a few things depending on the price. What do you see? :)

http://tinyurl.com/23j99ek

I'll be going there tommorrow, it starts at 3 pm. This sale is being held by a lady that does estate sales but she isn't really a professional. All her sales are in the same retirement community. It's listed as starting on Saturday on Craigslist but i'm on her mailing list ,so she emails all her regulars for a Friday sale. I've made money more than once on items purchased from her sales. :thumbsup:

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Diggum,

I can't seem to get the pics to open. I do have a problem with some files so it may be this computer.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
I see a few things depending on the price. What do you see? :)

http://tinyurl.com/23j99ek

I'll be going there tommorrow, it starts at 3 pm. This sale is being held by a lady that does estate sales but she isn't really a professional. All her sales are in the same retirement community. It's listed as starting on Saturday on Craigslist but i'm on her mailing list ,so she emails all her regulars for a Friday sale. I've made money more than once on items purchased from her sales. :thumbsup:
I see those race tracks maybe depends on how old an same with the wedgewood

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I saw the track but it's a "newer" one from around the late 90's I think. $10 is the most i'll do on that. I see the wedgeood jasperware but it doesn't seen to be selling too well on Ebay. I listed a 10 piece lot (including 2 with the boxes) for $39.99 and didn't even get a single watcher much less a bid. Meanwhile i've seen the lidded tobacco jar (one of the pieces in my lot) sell for more than that by itself before.
:dontknow: I don't get it.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
Yeah I saw the track but it's a "newer" one from around the late 90's I think. $10 is the most i'll do on that. I see the wedgeood jasperware but it doesn't seen to be selling too well on Ebay. I listed a 10 piece lot (including 2 with the boxes) for $39.99 and didn't even get a single watcher much less a bid. Meanwhile i've seen the lidded tobacco jar (one of the pieces in my lot) sell for more than that by itself before.
:dontknow: I don't get it.
it's all to due with age Diggum an it is pretty confusing to remember how to age them cause it's all pretty much the same. I am pretty sure most are items are remade in mostly every era..so the key is to learn the hallmarks to age them...

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
in the picture with the wine racks... there is a statue bending backwards, get that for sure.

on the table with all the glassware I see a Torah, might be worth getting
the blue bowls with silver are nice too

the big silver swan on the table with the video recorder

a lot of the prints and paintings are nice, worth looking into

the beer stein and crystal decanter is worthwhile getting

tools are always a good seller

some of the vases, plates and figurines are collector items

the mechanics tool box for sure

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see that?,5 coffee makers,wow!! :laughing7:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a whole lot that would get me too excited, but then again, I'm lazy and picky these days. And viewing this from a tiny laptop monitor doesn't help.

But what I do see:

Pyrex Primary Colors Mixing Bowls
Possibly some Wedgewood

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Silver-looking brush in the 3rd pic. Statue in the 4th pic. Possibly a Super 8 or 16mm film video camera in the 8th pic. Wooden tennis racket pic 20. Decanters and stein pic 21. Pic 22 penguin & fish decanters. Old saw pic 27. Pic 42 toolboxes. Old scissors pic 44. Pic 53 need better photo of golf clubs.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also check out the blue bowls w/silver, the swan bird statue thingy and the silver looking duck. And I love jewelery so I'd definitly look through that! Have fun and hope you find some treasures! It looks like a lot of stuff there to go through.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there could be some good pickens there. Hope you make lots of $$$$ on the flip side!

apush :read2:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that cool penguin that is sitting beside the small TV....Looks like a lot of neat barware, too, diggummup. I also saw a lot of nice linens---But I don't think those are doing too well on eBay right now(We sell the crap out of linens in my sisters shop, though!). Seems like I saw where stainless cookware is selling pretty good, also, and it looks like there's quite a bit of that. I like all the tools---Look for woodworking tools or drafting tools--I always go to the garage or shop buildings first, seems like everyone gets tired after pricing stuff in the house and they just start hurrying through the garage stuff---there might be some 'sleepers' in those tools for you!
That was pretty neat seeing those pictures---Kinda like a virtual garage sale! I hope you get lots and lots and its really cheap! :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There were a few Items that Caught My attention Not really Interested Unless i can See them Up close!!!! I'm not a Golfer But take a close look at the Clubs They can Bring in the Bucks for the Right Clubs!!!! HH Chug

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Those big red shop toolboxes in pic 42. If you can get them cheap, they should sell quickly on Craigslist.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not see any but check for LEGOs. Even with out the box they sell.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went, huh, huh, huh, what a joke. I got there 40 minutes before start time. Sale was in full motion when I got there. The main thing I saw in all that junk was an Art Deco cocktail shaker made by Chase. Guess what... it was gone already. I ended up buying a yellow pyrex bowl large $3, a wedgwood lighter $5, 5 small salt & peppers all the same design, can't make out the mark yet $.50 each, a vintage, 1 vintage desk model mercury Sphygmomanometer $5, a ceramic frog bank (my sis collects frogs so) with 2 quarters in it $2 (or $1.50 depending on how you look at it) and 2 rolld of 2 in. wide masking tape .50 each. I hate when people start selling an hour earlier than the time they listed.

Love It Twice 2009 said:
The racetracks look interesting. I'm heading to one tomorrow morning.http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1170468&category=0&zip=15601&kwd= I'm really interested in the cigarette case, because if it is actually what I think it is, It has some neato history behind it. couple of nice westmoreland pieces.
anything else jump out?
It all looks pretty good to me. We just don't have those types of auctions down here. I wish we did. I collect postcards so that's a no brainer. Also, i'm a sucker for Fire-King, That cigarette case is an early Nazi piece, good luck it'll probably sell pretty high. I like the sterling match safe even though it's engraved.I would lean to this photo too-
MILITARY PANORAMA PHOTO OF FORT SAM HUSTON RECEPTION & TRAINING CENTER - MAJ. GEN. JAMES L. COLLINS COMMANDING 2nd DIVISION - FORT SAM HUSTON (DODD FIELD) TEXAS FEB. 20th, 1941 - LT. COL. S. C. HARRISON COMMANDER RECEPTION & TRAINING CENTER, LESLIE'S PHOTOGRAPHIC REVIEW OF THE GREAT WAR (1920), Good luck.

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
Glad you got a few items diggummup! Mine was a waste of time... prices were driven absolutely crazy high. The cigarette case was an early Nazi piece and went for over $800. people driving the fire king prices up to $80 bucks. I'll hunt it down much lower than that at garage sales... I ended up leaving about an hour and a half in to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread