Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: deleted

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2010
    Florida
    16 times

deleted

deleted

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    39 times

Re: Past couple of weeks of silver and a tad of gold - also a couple of questions

I can't answer your questions, but it was already disscussed a few weeks ago that TAXCO sell for good money on Ebay
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

us
    Mar 2011
    N Central Fla
    Ace 250
    32 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Past couple of weeks of silver and a tad of gold - also a couple of questions

IMHO, if the 2 John McDonald rings "stack" on each other, sell them together, as that's how people would want to wear them.
    My seat of the pants guess is that the shorter necklace is dyed blue. Not appealing to me, anyway.
    The longer one, I haven't a clue, but it is ethnic-ey, and interesting, and would appeal to many, I should think, even without revealing what stone.
    Just one girl's opinion....

Very interesting variety of finds!!!
    Tigger

us
    Jul 2008
    Central Minnesota
    Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
    75 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hello,
    I think you made some great finds for great prices!! James Adams Dwight may be the maker of the stack rings--he was a silversmith and watchmaker? hard to tell from pictures if they are that old, but some great websites out there that can help research the makers marks. Some of the Taxco stuff that sells real good on ebay is due to the makers of it not just because it's Taxco....I belive anyway. Do your research on the makers before you "scrap" your jewelry. Also, the old Norway pins bring in more (usually) than the scrap value. The turquoise necklace looks new?? again, hard to tell. Good luck!
    2MN

us
    Jun 2005
    east river South Dakota
    Ace 250

I like the Alaska "Gold Pan" spoon! Great scores on all your items!
    Dig 'em all, let the magnet sort 'em out!

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    39 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2Minnesota
    Hello,
    I think you made some great finds for great prices!! James Adams Dwight may be the maker of the stack rings--he was a silversmith and watchmaker? hard to tell from pictures if they are that old, but some great websites out there that can help research the makers marks. Some of the Taxco stuff that sells real good on ebay is due to the makers of it not just because it's Taxco....I belive anyway. Do your research on the makers before you "scrap" your jewelry. Also, the old Norway pins bring in more (usually) than the scrap value. The turquoise necklace looks new?? again, hard to tell. Good luck!
    I'm pretty sure the disscussion was that anything sells for decent money from Taxco not just cause of a maker...
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    39 times

"long weird necklace not marked but tested as sterling and have small yellowish/greenish stone beads that looks like it would glow in the dark. any clue to what the beads are made of and what region it may be from?"

I am pretty sure they are bone an glass beads, but you would need better pics... I also am fairly sure it is a native american made necklace.... what I don't know is how old it may be...

us
    Jun 2011

The David Anderson silver can sell for quite a bit.

us
    Sep 2010
    Florida
    16 times

Thank you all for your replies you guys rock!!!!
    I'm still looking for a good way to list that last necklace I have no clue on how to list it on feebay so I guess the research cont.

Feb 2008
    Texas
    Minelab SN/XS
    126 times

Quote Originally Posted by redfish76

Thank you all for your replies you guys rock!!!!
    I'm still looking for a good way to list that last necklace I have no clue on how to list it on feebay so I guess the research cont.
    Could you share how you test silver?

Bill
    "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind."
    Louis Pasteur

us
    Nov 2009
    122 times

I don't know how the OP tests silver. I know CyberDan has a way figured out to use his electronic gold tester for sterling. I've always used an acid mix I get from the same people I got my gold tester from. I don't know the chemical composition, but it's a yellowish brown solution that turns bright red when in contact with silver. You have to be careful that you aren't getting a false reading from silver plate & must remember that over time the solution goes bad. Other than that it's fairly simple.

Sponsors