Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this old wringer washer last week off Craigslist for $40 with the intent of using it as a beer/soda ice cooler for parties.
After taking some parts off of it that I didn't need, like the motor and agitator, it lightened the piece up quite a bit. After a bit of pressure washing, sanding, and painting, I now have a vintage looking ice cooler for a total of about $50 plus labor.
"SUDS anyone?" :occasion14:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• Maytag.jpg
    Maytag.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7,025
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,023
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,305

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks great! You did a nice job on the paint and you have a nice looking cooler/conversation piece.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2Minnesota said:
That looks great! You did a nice job on the paint and you have a nice looking cooler/conversation piece.

Thanks Minn,
I was wondering if I could make a BBQ out of one of these next. :icon_scratch: Not sure if the coating would hold up to the heat or not. :dontknow:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Fred & Lamont Sanford have nothing on you-LOL. Very Nice job, Quindy.

Ha, ha, ha.

Attachments

• Big-Dummy.jpg
    Big-Dummy.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,708
K

Kentucky Kache

Man, you made that thing look great. I would check to see what it's worth before throwing anything in it.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, Man you did a beautiful job with that old washer :headbang: Looks like it just came out of the store and cool ;D idea making it into a cooler! Thanks for sharing :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
Man, you made that thing look great. I would check to see what it's worth before throwing anything in it.

Thanks KK.
This is a pretty common model. I see them sell for less than $100 quite often. I once bought a rarer model at the flea market called a Bluebell. It was a grey base with blue tub and white specks. It was in awesome shape and I got it for only $20 because the seller didn't want to haul it home. I sold it for $250 to a guy that buys all kinds of vintage appliances. He restores them and rents them out to production companies to use on movie sets. Quite a profitable business he said.
-MM-

Dman said:
Nice find Doug Sanford son of Fred. LOL

Thanks Dman. Just think how nice this washing machine would look in your store. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

pganjon said:
Hello, Man you did a beautiful job with that old washer :headbang: Looks like it just came out of the store and cool ;D idea making it into a cooler! Thanks for sharing :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

Thanks Paul. I can't wait to fill this sucker up. :occasion14: :laughing9:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
You really did a nice job on that M.M.!
Now you need to mount an opener on the side of it to open those PBR's! ;D

Dang Rob, you're right. I'm on it buddy. E-bay here I come. I gave up opening bottles with my little brothers teeth. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-Dug-

Dadsnorz

Dec 15, 2010
At the ripe age of 4, I stuck my finger in motorized wringer and screamed bloody murder as it squeezed the BeJesus out of it - My screams scared my mom, who thought I was still asleep in my room. Mom sprang into action, unplugging the machine after moving faster than I had ever seen her move . I can still remember how helpless I felt as this ringer was getting ready to devour me!!! I am sometimes amazed I survived my childhood. By the way, that machine looks sweet! Good Job!

barnlady

Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old Montgomery Wards Wringer that we want to repurpose into a beverage cooler. We have removed the screw from the agitator but it still won't come off. Removed the motor from the bottom but the pulley and all the agitator seem to be joined together. Can you offer any assistance as how remove the agitator? Love the what you did with yours! Thank you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an old Montgomery Wards Wringer that we want to repurpose into a beverage cooler. We have removed the screw from the agitator but it still won't come off. Removed the motor from the bottom but the pulley and all the agitator seem to be joined together. Can you offer any assistance as how remove the agitator? Love the what you did with yours! Thank you.

FYI, the original post was from summer 2011...

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, I can't really say how to get that agitator off without actually looking at it. Mine was a Maytag brand. I remember it driving me nuts though. You may want to try to Google it.
Good luck to you.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread