Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recycled Wringer Washer - Pass the SUDS

I bought this old wringer washer last week off Craigslist for $40 with the intent of using it as a beer/soda ice cooler for parties.
    After taking some parts off of it that I didn't need, like the motor and agitator, it lightened the piece up quite a bit. After a bit of pressure washing, sanding, and painting, I now have a vintage looking ice cooler for a total of about $50 plus labor.
    "SUDS anyone?"
    Thanks for looking,
    MM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maytag.jpg 
Views:	1881 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	549481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-013S.JPG 
Views:	1085 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	549482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-014S.JPG 
Views:	824 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	549483  
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Jul 2008
    Central Minnesota
    Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
    92 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Recycled Wringer Washer - Pass the SUDS

That looks great! You did a nice job on the paint and you have a nice looking cooler/conversation piece.
    2MN

Quote Originally Posted by 2Minnesota
    That looks great! You did a nice job on the paint and you have a nice looking cooler/conversation piece.
    Thanks Minn,
    I was wondering if I could make a BBQ out of one of these next. Not sure if the coating would hold up to the heat or not.
    -MM-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1449 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Fred & Lamont Sanford have nothing on you-LOL. Very Nice job, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    39 times

if these work the motor and agitator throw them back on craigslist or ebay... if not scrap them
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X
    Fred & Lamont Sanford have nothing on you-LOL. Very Nice job, Quindy.
    Ha, ha, ha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big-Dummy.jpg 
Views:	1233 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	549506  

Kentucky Kache

Man, you made that thing look great. I would check to see what it's worth before throwing anything in it.

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    209 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Nice find Doug Sanford son of Fred. LOL

us
    Nov 2008
    South Central Pa.
    Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
    53 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hello, Man you did a beautiful job with that old washer Looks like it just came out of the store and cool idea making it into a cooler! Thanks for sharing Paul
    May you find God's grace in every mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Kache
    Man, you made that thing look great. I would check to see what it's worth before throwing anything in it.
    Thanks KK.
    This is a pretty common model. I see them sell for less than $100 quite often. I once bought a rarer model at the flea market called a Bluebell. It was a grey base with blue tub and white specks. It was in awesome shape and I got it for only $20 because the seller didn't want to haul it home. I sold it for $250 to a guy that buys all kinds of vintage appliances. He restores them and rents them out to production companies to use on movie sets. Quite a profitable business he said.
    -MM-

Quote Originally Posted by Dman
    Nice find Doug Sanford son of Fred. LOL
    Thanks Dman. Just think how nice this washing machine would look in your store.
    -Dug-

Quote Originally Posted by pganjon
    Hello, Man you did a beautiful job with that old washer Looks like it just came out of the store and cool idea making it into a cooler! Thanks for sharing Paul
    Thanks Paul. I can't wait to fill this sucker up.
    -MM-

Quote Originally Posted by rtde3
    You really did a nice job on that M.M.!
    Now you need to mount an opener on the side of it to open those PBR's!
    Dang Rob, you're right. I'm on it buddy. E-bay here I come. I gave up opening bottles with my little brothers teeth.
    -Dug-

us
    Apr 2011
    The glass city, Pennsylvania
    Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes

Wow great job restoring the washer and a great idea! American Restoration's got nothing on you sir!

us
    Dec 2010
    554 times

Wow...NICE JOB!!!!!!

us
    Dec 2010
    1 times

At the ripe age of 4, I stuck my finger in motorized wringer and screamed bloody murder as it squeezed the BeJesus out of it - My screams scared my mom, who thought I was still asleep in my room. Mom sprang into action, unplugging the machine after moving faster than I had ever seen her move . I can still remember how helpless I felt as this ringer was getting ready to devour me!!! I am sometimes amazed I survived my childhood. By the way, that machine looks sweet! Good Job!

Mar 2014
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have an old Montgomery Wards Wringer that we want to repurpose into a beverage cooler. We have removed the screw from the agitator but it still won't come off. Removed the motor from the bottom but the pulley and all the agitator seem to be joined together. Can you offer any assistance as how remove the agitator? Love the what you did with yours! Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors