Lutrell "Vanishing American" Watercolor???? pics as promised

savatreatabvr

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2011
Lutrell "Vanishing American" Watercolor???? pics as promised

I found a indian chief watercolor at a yard sale a while back and can't find much about the artist online, his name is Richard Lutrell and the watercolor is titled Vanishing American, it's also numbered 091/300 so any help identifying this artist and this remarkable watercolor is much appreciated! Thank you!

DSC04100.jpg

DSC04099.jpg

DSC04108.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

redfish76

Sep 12, 2010
Florida
Re: Lutrell "Vanishing American" Watercolor???? pics as promised

It's a signed print of a painting or watercolor..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

redfish76 said:
I agree. I found this-
Lutrell, Richard (1926- ); Active: 1981; State: Arizona; Skill: Painter; Member: A.I.C.A.; Exhibited: E020; Featured: SAM June 1981; Reproduced: SAM June 1981; Rating: 16
SAM= Southwest Art Magazine

here-http://members3.boardhost.com/sw_index/msg/1185977112.html in which this -
"Re: Richard Lutrell - louis 2/5/2010, 10:34 am"
may or may not have been you. It is your same print being asked about.

OP
OP
S

savatreatabvr

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2011

Lol, yeah that was me.

diggummup said:
redfish76 said:
I agree. I found this-
Lutrell, Richard (1926- ); Active: 1981; State: Arizona; Skill: Painter; Member: A.I.C.A.; Exhibited: E020; Featured: SAM June 1981; Reproduced: SAM June 1981; Rating: 16

JDSr

Apr 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever get an answer to your question about Richard Lutrell? Richard was my cousin, and he is passed away several years ago. For an extensive article about him, see the Magazine "Art West," Volume VI, Issue 6, September/October 1983. The work you have looks like a numbered print signed by the artist. The original was probably done in pastel. Richard was born and raised in the small village of Alpha, Illinois. He was married to Loraine Bendix, daughter of actor William Bendix. Do you still have the work, and if you are willing to sell it, how much are you asking?

Cpatt3fishit

Feb 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Lutrell

Did you ever sell the photo , and if so where and how much please and Thanks

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever sell the photo , and if so where and how much please and Thanks

The person who posted the photo hasn't been on this site since 2011.

MoDiggler

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I have a painting signed R.Lutrell 1976 featuring a Kachina Dancer. The picture meaures 42×32 and framed. Got this at auction and can find very little about the artist other than a few celebrities owning some of his artwork. I'd like to find out more about this artist and see what this painting is worth.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of these posts have information on him. Richard Leland Lutrell 1926-1988. He died March 28th, 1988 at age 61. I can't find an obituary, but since it was pre-internet, you could probably find one searching newspapers.com. Not much information other than he was born in Illinois and died in Sedona, AZ. I'm going to see if I can find the magazine mentioned.

Did you ever get an answer to your question about Richard Lutrell? Richard was my cousin, and he is passed away several years ago. For an extensive article about him, see the Magazine "Art West," Volume VI, Issue 6, September/October 1983. The work you have looks like a numbered print signed by the artist. The original was probably done in pastel. Richard was born and raised in the small village of Alpha, Illinois. He was married to Loraine Bendix, daughter of actor William Bendix. Do you still have the work, and if you are willing to sell it, how much are you asking?

I agree. I found this-

MoDiggler

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information. I will definitely use those leads to see what I can find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread